When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
No better way to start the day!
I whole-heartedly agree.
IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0612.JPG
IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0613.jpg
IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0619.jpg

I rode up to the water tower in Sunset Beach, hung out a few minutes, stuck my feet in the ocean and headed back to HB.
I ran into my buddy Jim hanging out at the cliffs; so we rode back to Normita's for a breakfast taco and a coke. It was great!
Then I rode home for dessert.
IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0622.jpg

A first real ride on this today, 1978 "André Bertin" C56 vélo de piste. I've borrowed a few parts off of my "Romani" pista special to get it rideable.
Took it for a 15 mile spin around country lanes after work.....
WP_20190411_18_29_24_Pro.jpg

It sports a "Dia-Compe" front brake that clamps on to undrilled track forks.....
WP_20190411_18_29_24_Pro (3).jpg

What a fun ride; super, super light steel frame and very 'bling' pour moi!
Ran into a local 10 mile Time Trial, I was going flat out, but these incredible carbon -fibre machines were soon showing me real speed, one guy thought I wanted to enter but I politely declined. Maybe one day lol!
I'm going to ride it to work and back in the morning too, I really enjoyed it.

Today, back at elevation, this comes from the Utah Avalanche Forecast Center!!..
"What a storm!! Snow totals are 22 to 32 inches in upper elevations of Little Cottonwood, and 12 to 24” in Big Cottonwood, and about 12” settled snow along the higher Park City ridgeline. Temperatures have cooled into the teens and low twenties. Overnight, the northwesterly winds were strong, averaging 15 to 25 mph, with gusts to 40 mph at 10,000’, and averaging 35 to 60 mph, with gusts in the 60s to 70s at 11,000’. Storm water totals are 1.5” to a whopping 4 inches in Little Cottonwood."

But instead of the above late winter excess, (unless you love an endless winter) I was camping and riding in the flowers.
IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2611.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG

Last edited:
@fattyre and @Cory nice starting off the day. @tripple3 Looks like another fun day for you. I really like how tall the statue pic is! @dnc1 I appreciate the posts of your 2 wheeled adventures and exposure to your classic Euro bike collection. @SKPC Unreal location. You and your dog are lucky dogs.

I snuck out during the day for a windy quicky with my girl Kyrene. She’s even more stacked looking during the day, with her three booming smokestacks.
8E3C84C3-52B6-494D-B479-8668B00E55CE.jpeg
My refurb’ed saddle gave me more cushion for the pushin’ against the wind that was kicking up small waves on the canal.
93D683E6-6644-4E5F-AAED-313E81CB4436.jpeg

41 World

@Kstone Hope you hit Kretchmars if you were that close. Looks like a nice day on 3rd St! (up-street as we used to say in the Beav). The bike in my pic above your post was shipped from Snitgers to my home in AZ.

@Kstone Hope you hit Kretchmars if you were that close. Looks like a nice day on 3rd St! (up-street as we used to say in the Beav). The bike in my pic above your post was shipped from Snitgers to my home in AZ.

Holy heck that's a small world!!!! The Snitgers are in the process of retiring these days. How long ago did you live here?

Back