When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Got up early on Sunday to get a ride in before celebrating my girlfriends birthday later on.
A beautiful Easter day over here. It felt like a morning for relaxed riding on the 'Rochester', and It was great riding early with very little car traffic out and about.....
WP_20190421_09_28_00_Pro.jpg

I rode from Wallingford through South Moreton into the village of East Hagbourne where I stopped to admire these 'pleached' Lime trees behind an old garden wall.....
WP_20190421_09_22_34_Pro (2).jpg

On my way home, out of Didcot, I often stop by this line of Oaks by the footpath /cycle track, there's enough timber (lumber) here to make Nelson proud.....
WP_20190421_09_35_09_Pro (3).jpg

What a day!

Alliteration doesn't get much better than that @birdzgarage! Lovely photo too.
I can almost match that with "Mallorcan made 'Minaco'......afternoon".
Same route as yesterday, but on the '49 Minaco especiale.....
WP_20190422_12_15_29_Pro (3).jpg

Another lovely day for riding over here.
Rolled past this newly-created pond on a farm. The heavily pollarded Willows should soon regrow their limbs. Should be a great little wildlife habitat in a year or two, but currently looks like some strange kind of 'henge'.....
WP_20190422_12_46_30_Pro (3).jpg

Got my Vindec 'rat' out to nip down to the supermarket for a few things later on.....
WP_20190422_14_08_35_Pro (2).jpg

Sadly, we're not allowed to take our bicycles inside, a la @tripple3, but bike parking is right by the entrance.

Out on the Vindec again this evening, only 7 miles over to see my mum.
I don’t ride this too often, but when I do I really enjoy it.
It's basically an English version of a 'klunker', except we called them a 'tracker' or 'trackie' bike.
Stripped down, minimalist, beat-up and big bars; a fun, lightweight, all terrain machine that I enjoyed so much in my early teens, although mine back then was based on a gold coloured Vindec.....
WP_20190422_19_28_20_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20190422_19_32_52_Pro (3).jpg

WP_20190422_19_33_12_Pro (2).jpg

Needs bigger bars, and slightly knobblier tyres, but great fun riding the same roads on a very similar machine to what I used around 1979.

Back