When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
We only have 6 peaks above 3,000 feet in the whole country, and they're only just above that height! They're all up in the Lake District National Park, as far away from me as it gets in England!

To hazy for pics of the mountains today but people don't realize there a few peaks 5000-10,000 ft. ( Mt. Baldy- San Antonio is over 10,000) close to LA with a good view from my porch. In the 70's when Mt. biking started at Mt.Tam (and else ware) we saw news footage and started bombing down the front of Mt. Wilson ( where the TV antennas & observatory are, 5700 ft.) on a 13 mi. fire road on OG Klunkers, bummer we never thought much about pictures back then. Bought this Torker in 80 and wore the OG set OG snake belly's and a set of Vans in 2 weekends but this probably be in the Mt. bike section!
EB7AE001-55EB-4B26-B332-DECCECB0F92A.jpeg

Back here at sea level in the flats, I spun the pedals at a relaxed pace for 50 today on the Ward Hawthorne Flyer. I enjoy the less frantic rides much more at my older age, and may just use the "Shut up Legs" by JensVoigt..( dnc1).... One thing's for sure, I'm not 40 any longer. I saw very few people today/quiet out..
Balboa Peninsula/The Wedge...
IMG_3121.JPG

Upper Newport Bay salt marsh..
IMG_3136.JPG

San Diego Creek..
IMG_3129.JPG

Talbert Regional Park..
IMG_3146.JPG

Last edited:
Back