When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
03db99ce876b21ec23c835fdaab04847.jpg

Don’t Be late you will miss the good stuff

James Frazier (209) 481-9464
[email protected]

dnc1/Darren...the Bontragers are "Hanks" 26 x 2.25 wire bead skinwall slicks (about 680?grams). They stopped making them a couple years ago which is really too bad as they were one of the lightest of the 26" balloon tires. They measure 26 & 7/8" tall ground to top at 50lbs air pressure. Pete

Been busy with a kayak project, a new old kevlar composite boat, but still getting in a few miles - this is a lot more core muscle work than riding a bike and takes more effort to keep balance.
jBQJID2.jpg

Yesterday, Lou and I got out after a flash flood, thinking we'd be able to connect the upper and lower Salado Creek greenways.
But we found Salado Creek ripping, and expected to find the northbound boardwalk submerged - maybe should have brought the boat.
gZKabhl.jpg

Our southbound route was deterred by a clay wash. Nasty stuff, never had clay before my tire wipers couldn't deal with, but this stuff plugged our chainstays, fork crowns and brakes. Still a good adventure, we cleaned out the gunk and rode what we could get to twice for 22 miles, and met up with Lou's Suzie for great lunch at Thai House (their fish sauce served with spring rolls is beyond words)
k6PZh1F.jpg

The Italians dominated today's Alamodome sprint, taking the top 5 finishes. I led most of the way, mostly by traffic signal audacity. But in the Chavez stretch, Tad's monster muscle memory beat me by 20 seconds (he's done that last half-mile at 30 mph before) - four of us finished tight, and I was last in the lead group. Lou was not far behind.
Howard corralled 30 riders behind that, including some cute women today.
Cappuccino time. No pastry for me, I'm backing off the starch until I can get my miles back up - between other interests and that work thing.
gwfGnmk.jpg

Tad's celeste
D17kGi3.jpg

the impossible to photograph Tommasini pearl paint
Yw07gMi.jpg

Last edited:
A huge shout out to @mfhemi1969 for letting me get this one--I owe you Mike! Put a chain on it, chain adjusters, adjusted the rear hub and chain guard, tightened everything and gave it a check ride. Other than some rim truing smooth as butter. I'm going to Jack and Jill this one with a girls bike I have and make them straw and black (this is not an original paint bike). V/r Shawn

DSC_0336 - Copy.JPG

Back