When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Great clouds tonight on the canal. Got to see the setting sun light their underbellies with golden pink all the way out to Kyrene.

Earth based image @SKPC View attachment 1001689View attachment 1001690View attachment 1001693

The reflection of the tree in the front wheel is sweet with the pink clouds. Spoke camo Rorschach test.View attachment 1001694View attachment 1001695View attachment 1001696Had to turn around and stare coming home, just couldn’t get enough of the good light and clouds tonight.View attachment 1001698
beautiful sunset pics on the canal, @Miq

@fordmike65 @Velocipedist Co. Great pics from your ride in the National Park! Love them!!

@Kstone “The Glass Castle” pics are great!

Philthy and I took the canal out to the riparian area this morning then had some coffee in Gilbert. Philthy rocked his mid 1990’s Cannondale. Sweet riding USA made frame on his orange machine. Stopped at the tracks and an old man on a bike passed us while we were taking pics. He said “Put the lens down on the rail!” as he cruised by:View attachment 1001150View attachment 1001151View attachment 1001152View attachment 1001153We weren’t the only ones biking for coffee this morning. View attachment 1001154
I guess I was thirsty. :)View attachment 1001155

When we got back I cleaned Gramp’s 41 and threw some wax on it. I don’t ride during the day that often so I wanted to post a good pic of the bike during today’s revealing cloudy flat light. View attachment 1001165I love how ratty it is, and even though it looks like an abandoned back alley bike, it easily flies through 17 miles of desert as good as any modern bike. Catch me if you can mofos...
Love that "rail" shot!

Morning ride on Velvet to meet @Cory to ride to Newport today.
IMG_1322.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG
IMG_1350.jpg
IMG_1352.JPG

Thanks for the Ride!

@dnc1
Darren, your countryside shots are so tranquil, your town shots are so cool. I really like the architecture of the buildings. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks @Sven.
This part of South Oxfordshire is pretty tranquil I guess, pretty rural, mainly agricultural land.
I'm lucky living in a small market town with a lot of old buildings and structures (the Royal Charter giving Wallingford the right to hold a market was granted in the year 1155!).
It's situation as a crossing over the River Thames has meant it has been fought over in both English Civil wars; historical architecture is something we're not short of in town or in the surrounding villages.
Your part of the world is pretty cool too!

Back