When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Rode over to Harwell Feast today on the "Morot" representing the Benson VCC at a display and in the parade.
My neighbour Clive also came along on his '29 Hercules.....
View attachment 1005106

Good display of machines, that's the "Morot" at the back behind the Crypto Bantam.....
View attachment 1005109

We also had an Alpha Bantam on show.....
View attachment 1005110

Some great cars too; love the size difference between this Austin 7 racer and this Ford.....
View attachment 1005114

Loved the Spartan interior of the Austin.....
View attachment 1005115

Just how I like my bicycles, purposeful and minimalist!

A very slow parade, we were behind the Morris dancers.....
View attachment 1005119

and the Vikings! My mate Chris seems to have taken offence to this particular Norseman.....
View attachment 1005121

People were really rocking the full tweed look.....
View attachment 1005122

View attachment 1005123

And in a very untraditional part of the parade, somehow these guys were involved.....
View attachment 1005124

A great ride, 25 miles in total fuelled by one cider, one coffee and one cake.
Keep riding!
sweet bicycles, awesome tractors.

that Alpha Bantam though, wow.

Quick ride on the 1929 Westfield, then back to bathroom remodeling.

20190527_155333.jpg

Great ride yesterday on the Alamodome sprint with my '57 Raleigh. Didn't take any photos, and didn't even go for coffee - everybody was visiting out of town relatives.
Got out today with Stevo and MA, riding the lower Salado Creek greenway - the best and most remote-feeling bike trail our city offers.
Main reason I posted was to show the custom Univega mixte Stevo built for his wife - Miyata built the frame, this is about the best mixte frame ever.
CguAGJE.jpg

It has a 1x crank with a Nexus-8 rear hub, and really nice thumb lever shifter modified by a bike maker to match the hub
FGgRQhb.jpg

VO hammered fenders, VO decaleur hanging the basket, mini front rack attached to the CP brake bolts .

She doesn't ride at my pace, and I had it all planned to be waiting on the most photogenic part of the greenway to catch them coming down the twisty bit and crossing the creek, but my camera battery went dead.
I did get a photo of the Italian Huffy while I was waiting for them.
buuupQe.jpg

We made it on to Southside Lion's Park, and I broke out my phone for a few low-grade shots
O50IM2Q.jpg

The bank was lined with fishermen, and we saw a couple of catfish brought in.
0kriD2G.jpg

Stevo's custom built on Schwinn World Sport with SRAM 2-speed auto hub
2XuO47p.jpg

one more gratuitous photo of the Italian Huffy - I made the return ride at my pace, turned around to meet them again at halfway, for 26 miles today.
xiIcqjI.jpg

a bit of inspiration, we stopped on the way back at Jim's Frontier - burgers cooked over charcoal, and our haunt from high school days long ago.
We had a feast, and this chili cheese burger was just as good as I remembered.
They were also playing '60s pop and R&B, which was a relief from classic rock riding in Stevo's truck...
vSyKd1C.jpg

some RV tinkering in the outdoor man cathedral, a couple of IPAs, and a 9-ball tournament. I made it home tired, which is all you can ask of a holiday weekend.
Did hear from my daughter in College Station - she's going to summer school and will make it back to town in August - she's on her own in a condo and loving it...

Last edited:
Yes, the Dequindre Cut is a paved pathway, with one lane for walkers/joggers and two lanes for bikes, that runs from the river out to the Eastern Market area. That pic that you attached was in the area of Eastern Market.
Cool, Wish it were closer. Im N of Utica between Mound and VanDyke, lots of nice places to ride around here. Keeps me local

Back