When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What's the time?
It's time to get ill.

1929 Westfield

20190528_234009.jpg

20190528_233958.jpg

20190528_234046.jpg

20190528_234144.jpg

20190528_234141.jpg

20190528_234154.jpg

Took my 38 Harvard for a ride around town for about 3 hours or so yesterday.
View attachment 1005578
I don't always stop for ice cream when on a bike ride but when I do, I stop at Scrumptious!

Had a little time after the ride so dug into a couple boxes of parts to play around with my Kustom Kruiser Roadster.

This thing is getting close to needing an overhaul. Thinking of overhauling it to look like it's been around 50-60 years.....
and this is good-looking ice cream

Man- that looks so nice there. wish i could ride in a place like that......

You can. Fly in to LAX, catch a ride to Venice Beach (or similar), rent a bike from one of the numerous vendors, and head out on the Strand (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Braude_Bike_Trail). I’m from the East coast and did that about 7 years ago, and that’s what got me back int bicycling. I know it kind of sucks when you get back home, but even if for a day, it’s worth it.

EDIT: A few locals pointed out that LAX isn't the best option. Never trust an out of towner on stuff like this :) I've used LAX and John Wayne - in both cases I was picked up, although I did drop off and pick up my wife at LAX on one trip (she had a vacation within a vacation / conflicting schedule).

Last edited:
You can. Fly in to LAX, catch a ride to Venice Beach (or similar), rent a bike from one of the numerous vendors, and head out on the Strand (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Braude_Bike_Trail). I’m from the East coast and did that about 7 years ago, and that’s what got me back int bicycling. I know it kind of sucks when you get back home, but even if for a day, it’s worth it.

Group ride. When do we leave? :D

I'm actually hoping to get out to San Diego mid-August for a family gathering. Getting to LA might be tougher than I made it sound in my post (now that I'm married with two kids). Hopefully I'll be spending some time in Long Beach with my cousin on that trip, and in that case, I'd love to escape to the Strand to ride for a few hours. I'll know more after this time next week.

Back