When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Morning light ride on the 1934 Flying Cloud, Single-bar Roadster by Shelby.
IMG_1990.JPG
IMG_1992.jpg

Upper left portion was my Jr. High School 1975-1977
Edison Chargers was 1978-1982
State Certified Journeyman Electrician since Jan. 2008o_O
Light For All carrier everyday.:D

Another busy week, another late posting.
Rode the Rochester into Wallingford town centre to promote the cycling festival.
The women's 'Tour of Britain' (stage 3) was passing through; with TV cameras present we didn't want to miss out on free promotion!
I parked up outside the town museum.....
WP_20190612_11_26_12_Pro (3).jpg

There was an intermediate sprint finish line right here. The Rochester attracted a lot of attention, including from the race organisers.
One other guy I chatted with was from Missouri, small world!

Here's a photo of the peloton starting their sprint for 2nd. place points. A lone breakaway rider had already taken first spot.....
WP_20190612_12_07_09_Pro (2).jpg

Sadly, around 15 minutes later, the race was neutralised and brought to a halt.
One of the riders in the build up to the second sprint of the day hit a pothole, bringing down another nine; nine riders ultimately had to abandon the race completely.
A real shame!

Ibis mtb yesterday between rains. Not antique but made for the job. 2hrs. Our community lost a dear friend in an mtb accident on Monday, and I thought of her a lot while riding. She was alone as she usually was and was found off her bike with a broken neck by a friend. The community is really busted up about it. I raced and rode with her since the 80's, incredibly strong rider. She will be missed by so many who knew her and looked up to her as an original local. RIP Cindy.
IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

Keep on...we'll miss you.

Rode my mid '80s Canadian-built Marinoni early this morning to check out the NBA victory celebrations. Originally I wanted to take my 1917 Hyslop so I could say it was made in Toronto with American parts - much like the Raptors team - but the fast & light choice was a good one to circle the downtown core quickly. Also, a heavy bike with fenders and wide bars would have caused more problems when I got jammed in the crowds at key intersections. It was so crazy - fireworks, flag waving, bottles breaking, beer spraying, pole climbing, car honking - that I only managed photos of the bike in the tamer areas. I think the face on the box is kissing my bike she likes it so much ;)
20190614_011122.jpg

20190614_011352.jpg

20190614_011828.jpg

20190614_013419.jpg

20190614_011824.jpg

20190614_013434.jpg

Last edited:
Back