When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son?

20190801_170230 (1).jpg

It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Felt lazy and didn't want to get on the bike tonight but rode anyway. About 2200ft of climbing and 2 hrs ride time. Off my game a bit, but was still able to sucker-punch some hotshot millennial chicks into trying to catch me on the climb. Stayed just out of reach though while forcing the pace....old guys rule.:p Beautiful out tonight. Lots of pics on the way back down. Rode the Ibis today. Enjoy your rides all.
IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

This is the one of the Silver King Mine structures at 8000 feet elevation. The George Hearst family of the Hearst Castle fame started the Ontario Mine in the late 1800's producing $50 million in silver, which financed their families California Castle on the Central Coast. https://historicparkcityutah.com/news/park-citys-history
IMG_0060.JPG

The "Bonanza Mine" buildings nearby...
IMG_0055.JPG

Last edited:
Yesterday

WE went on a ride. My wife went with me for a 20+ mile cruise with several stops along the way.
Im riding 36 Electric with locking truss fork, OG black and Ivory b/c fenders, awesome rack I bought from Scott(Thanks again),best T.10 pedals, rebuilt triple drop rims, skip tooth 22 to 10 ratio(easy cruiser), fender bomb,...I could go on...
My wife's rider is a Raleigh Retroglide with Hot pink rims, hand-made padded seat cover and basket liner to match, custom options just for her...etc.
The Wedge is big right now so there were News Vans down there and lots of tourists to see....View attachment 166483View attachment 166482View attachment 166484View attachment 166485

View attachment 166482

View attachment 166483

View attachment 166484

View attachment 166485
That is a larger than normal sprocket on the back of that green Raleigh???

Felt lazy and didn't want to get on the bike tonight but rode anyway. About 2200ft of climbing and 2 hrs ride time. Off my game a bit, but was still able to sucker-punch some hotshot millennial chicks into trying to catch me on the climb. Stayed just out of reach though while forcing the pace....old guys rule.:p Beautiful out tonight. Lots of pics on the way back down. Rode the Ibis today. Enjoy your rides all.
View attachment 1039911

View attachment 1039912

View attachment 1039927

View attachment 1039913
View attachment 1039914
This is the one of the Silver King Mine structures at 8000 feet elevation. The George Hearst family of the Hearst Castle fame started the Ontario Mine in the late 1800's producing $50 million in silver, which financed their families California Castle on the Central Coast. https://historicparkcityutah.com/news/park-citys-history
View attachment 1039915
The "Bonanza Mine" buildings nearby...
View attachment 1039925
So....You felt lazy, didn't want to ride, but did. You crush the young competition in a 2200 ft climb in a time approximate of 2 hours. That equals an average of 18.33 ft of climb per minute. WOW....I wonder what you would do, full of piss and vinegar? :p
Anyway great job. The history of Park City was very interesting. THX

Looks like a great way to spend the day off!! ;) What happened with the fishing pole you found this morning?
Someone said it looks like I'm trolling; I still have it.
IMG_3074.JPG
IMG_3072.jpg

That is a larger than normal sprocket on the back of that green Raleigh???
Yes! 22 tooth rear cog makes the ride easier; like newer bikes.
She is still riding the same gear on her 1959 Western Flyer; like a champ!
IMG_3002.JPG

A fresh Mt. Tam finisher with local legends @fat tire trader Loren, & @tryder

Back