When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just stopped by for a pix...and a bowl of cherries .....eh!

014.JPG

010.JPG

I took my '72 Varsity , which I switched the tour handlebars set up for the dropbars for a maiden trail ride today.
20190802_100702.jpg

Storms last night left all kinds of debris on trail. I moved a lot of limbs and stuff off the trail.
20190802_144026.jpg
20190802_125918.jpg

The end of the line today
20190802_125955.jpg

And no good deed goes unpunished
20190802_143019.jpg

A good ride none the less.

So....You felt lazy, didn't want to ride, but did. You crush the young competition in a 2200 ft climb in a time approximate of 2 hours. That equals an average of 18.33 ft of climb per minute. WOW....I wonder what you would do, full of piss and vinegar? :p
Anyway great job. The history of Park City was very interesting. THX
Yes Sven, but I am already full of Piss & Vinegar. Advanced age does that to us. To be honest, these speedy gals caught me on the last 500 vertical to the top, not the entire 2200 feet. I was at 65% heart rate and then heard and saw them coming so ramped it up and dusted them. This particular climb to the summit takes me typically 1.25 hours, so you climb a bit faster than your calculations. The balance of time is spent descending, which is the real reward at the end of the climbs. A strong "average" pace with that kind of climbing and ride duration is around 7+mph up and down. A really fast death pace can go up to 7.8 to 8+mph average. which is race pace. Mid-year the legs stop hurting and it becomes a mental thing. I love to climb, and I will always embrace it as it is half of the sport. You climb for the reward, the down. It also sets you apart from the lift-serviced riders(increasing daily) and the now electrified/motorized MTB's that currently are threatening our communities trail system and lifestyle. It is quickly becoming a problem here and we are struggling with how to regulate them. Electric bikes are great, but belong on pavement for the most part. I live in paradise, so when I am down or feeling bad or sorta lazy I just pull myself up from the bootstraps, quit complaining and go ride. I eventually felt better 1/2 way up. Still hanging at 62 yrs of age and very proud of it. If any Cabers are travelling through the area, PM me and I can tour you around and/or provide a custom designed ride to match your style and capabilities. All comers welcome: Ride on mates! skpc
One more pic from last night.
IMG_0047.JPG

Last edited:
Yes Sven, but I am already full of Piss & Vinegar. Advanced age does that to us. To be honest, these speedy gals caught me on the last 500 vertical to the top, not the entire 2200 feet. I was at 65% heart rate and then heard and saw them coming so ramped it up and dusted them. This particular climb to the summit takes me typically 1.25 hours, so you climb a bit faster than your calculations. The balance of time is spent descending, which is the real reward at the end of the climbs. A strong "average" pace with that kind of climbing and ride duration is around 7+mph up and down. A really fast death pace can go up to 7.8 to 8+mph average. which is race pace. Mid-year the legs stop hurting and it becomes a mental thing. I love to climb, and I will always embrace it as it is half of the sport. You climb for the reward, the down. It also sets you apart from the lift-serviced riders(increasing daily) and the now electrified/motorized MTB's that currently are threatening our communities trail system and lifestyle. It is quickly becoming a problem here and we are struggling with how to regulate them. Electric bikes are great, but belong on pavement for the most part. I live in paradise, so when I am down or feeling bad or sorta lazy I just pull myself up from the bootstraps, quit complaining and go ride. I eventually felt better 1/2 way up. Still hanging at 62 yrs of age and very proud of it. If any Cabers are travelling through the area, PM me and I can tour you around and/or provide a custom designed ride to match your style and capabilities. All comers welcome: Ride on mates! skpc
One more pic from last night.
View attachment 1040178

I couldn't agree more, Pete. Climbing is the best part of riding as far as I'm concerned. Especially on a mountain bike. (And you're in shape.;)) Races are won on the climbs! Personally, it's akin to a runners high. Once you get in rhythm with your cadence and breathing climbing is a blast and it's fun snapping the
legs off youngsters. :)

(Disclaimer: I would not try this right now due to my job keeping me off the bike the past few years. But I'm getting back little by little.)

Back