When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Tonight's sunset ride from the golf course to School St. Even caught the waxing crescent Moon. Then around the neighborhood a few times. Beautiful evening for a ride.
Hammerhead.
IMG_20190803_214104.jpg

IMG_20190803_213943.jpg

IMG_20190803_212453.jpg

Well I usually try to keep it simple, but I just had too much vintage fun today-

Rode the Roadster out to our local trails today and helped a buddy with a demo bike event. I had no intensions to but....

It's race weekend and new this year was a short track race. Figured why not and gave it a whirl. Entered the novice class thinking my bike would be a handicap against disc brakes and suspension and all that. Started at the back of the field with a mellow mindset but at the first turn of the race nearly the entire field (about 20) took a wrong turn right before a fast flat, putting me in third while making a HUGE gap. I couldn't believe it. The race was only in the first minute and I was practically in the lead. On a bike from 1937... With a coaster brake... And slick tires... On dusty & slippery trails... The two ahead of me quickly wore out making overtaking easy work within the first lap. The race was four one mile long loops, so I just went all out never stop pedaling & hoping to keep a gap for as long as I could. Things were going well until the last lap. I cased a rock hard & dented my rim causing a slow leak with about a half mile to go. Ran out of air near the finish and two were able to pass me putting me in third across the line. In short races it's so hard to recover from mistakes, and I can't believe how it played out!

Sorry Roadster..., I'm never riding you like that again, your to pretty and you don't deserve that kind of abuse. That rim ain't cheap and I also bent my seat post.

IMG_3931.JPG

IMG_3954.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

IMG_3953.JPG

Last edited:
Back