When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Rode the teens Reading part way to work...
View attachment 1051032
View attachment 1051037
Since it was out, I rolled the Reading down to @Over Town Brewing Co. for a couple tasty brews just before closing.
IMG_20190821_221229_01.jpg

20190821_223318.jpg

@Krakatoa Che didn’t want to stay away too long. Glad to hear he’s back in your hands. :)

@tripple3, you and @cyclingday, @Cory, @mrg and @SKPC look like you’re getting some great CA coast rides in these days! Ride on 5 year thread!!

@fordmike65 The pics you guys have been posting from the FF event at the brewery are great. So many killer bikes in one spot and many being ridden. Very cool stuff.

Washed the 41 New World today. Spent some time cleaning/lubing the chain and making sure moving parts weren’t coming apart. You know, checking the nuts on the pedal blocks, tweaking the chain guard a little, pushing on the mudguards, oiling the rear hub, lubing squeaky seat spots, etc... I agree with @SKPC when he posts about how nice it is to ride a quiet bike. There were times tonight when the bike disappeared beneath me. It was quiet and smooth as it cut through the still desert air. The energy I put into the bike cranks turned directly into pushing the wheels against the canal path. None of it was wasted on acoustic energy radiating from the bike, except when I rang my bell. :tongueout: Fun riding on the empty path and loosing myself in thought, not remembering any of the automatic piloting of my silent bike that was going on in other parts of my brain.

Hung out with Kyrene at 10PM.
5EB64D37-3D47-45B4-B4D9-1AC1A66436B9.jpeg

"@SKPC posts about how nice it is to ride a quiet bike. There were times tonight when the bike disappeared beneath me. It was quiet and smooth as it cut through the still desert air. The energy I put into the bike cranks turned directly into pushing the wheels against the canal path. None of it was wasted on acoustic energy radiating from the bike, except when I rang my bell. :tongueout: Fun riding on the empty path and loosing myself in thought, not remembering any of the automatic piloting of my silent bike that was going on in other parts of my brain."

So very well said @Miq . These two-wheeled machines beneath us seem to disappear when running perfect. A silent bike is a beautiful thing as "it disappears beneath you" …. Wheels trued, all the bearing surfaces running cleanly. The Human and Machine connection becomes one. You do not even think about the bike...when you reach this state, you are in the zone. I find myself lost in thought when I ride as well, as it clears my mind. In the moment. Answers to tough questions seem to appear when riding. Answers I cannot find unless my pedals are turning over, falling one after the other. Answers to questions I have about life in general come from when there is the perfect melding of human power and your clean running machine beneath you. Nothing like it. What bike did you ride today? I am thinking of going full rigid today, perhaps climbing aboard the quick and deadly carbon bike killer, my yellow ShelbyFlyer..more on that later..
IMG_0867.JPG

Last edited:
Back