When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
No beaches, trails, or scenic rides but I finished putting some new threads on my '84 Cruiser 5 and took it for a breakdown ride. (It didn't break down )

IMG_20190820_175155342.jpg

Thanks for the tips on squeaky seats.
I too, relish a silent bike, but just about every saddle I have sounds like a worn out set of bed springs.
I learned to love hills, because getting out of the saddle to apply some torque, is the only time my bikes quit moaning. Lol!

Not normally something in my rotation. I took it in trade on a bike, however it is going to it's new home as soon as I find a home for it. :)
I will say, if I was into the offroad riding, this is a really great bike for it, smooth shifting, great ride and fast.

2013 Giant Liv Rove 3

20190821_184450.jpg

20190821_184519.jpg

No beaches, trails, or scenic rides but I finished putting some new threads on my '84 Cruiser 5 and took it for a breakdown ride. (It didn't break down )

View attachment 1051289
I forgot to give a shout out to my daughter for the "Schwinn" and "Cruiser 5" graphics as well as the stencils for the fenders that she did with her Cricut printer and computer.

I make enough noise with my bells and horn, don't notice my saddle squeeks.;)
I know; lacking de-squeeking my rides.
It may be the reason I ride by myself more often than not.:blush:
I brought my towel and trunks today, in my Light carrier bag/Wind catcher.
40+ miles Tail-wind north = Head-wind home.
SKiP @SKPC informed me that bag is slowing me down; like a big brother lookin' out for me.
Thanks Bro!
IMG_3675.jpg
IMG_3685.JPG
IMG_3688.jpg
IMG_3694.jpg
IMG_3696.jpg

Old Shelby road bike today for around 40. This thing is stiff everywhere, with steep angles on it. The pull back bars and pushed-forward seat make it a bit cramped and a bit uncomfortable for my taller frame, but I can still ride it. Sitting square on the seat in the cockpit on the middle of the bars sitting up is best. It would make a nice bike for a smaller rider. I can't move around much on this thing(clipped in) or try to steer the bars very much, so getting up and standing helps break up it's unforgiving feel. I also let a little pressure out of the front tire to help soften the feel of the bike up some. Holding on to and pushing down on the end of the bars while sitting on the back of the seat leaning it hard over will turn it real fast. Super quick bike...
IMG_3032[1]ccc.jpg

Sachs 515 3-coaster rear & 1952 Sturmey front drum. Sealed ceramic bearing White Industries BB

Last edited:
@SKPC , have you tried flipping the seat clamp to the other side of the post to give you a bit more room? Or is your kneecap already positioned over the pedal axle when the cranks are level?
That’s how I run all my bikes ‘cept the one with the lucky 7. And I’m rather short- I just like leaning forward a bit.

I’ll admit, they mostly look better with the seat forward, plus it’s more efficient pedaling.

Yea, Mr. M, you noticed that seat clamp in front of the post. For sure It helps move me back a bit when it is flipped. I try it in both positions, and today it was forward. After riding my "longer" bikes this bike felt cramped straight away. Also, the higher I put the seat up, the further back the seat goes, and this post is way up there in order to get a proper leg extension. This bike, with the original bar/stem combo, wants me to be sitting compacted and "in the pocket" and not necessarily with the hands more forward, but I kinda have to. A smaller rider would fit better. When windy, I usually reach far forward and put my hands up by the stem to get down lower. Miq is right too, that being right smack over the BB provides a super high efficiency stroke through the clipless pedals. You can really power up this bike.

Last edited:
Back