When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Sunset ride on my '56 Jaguar. Golf course to School St. Then around the neighborhood a few times. Beautiful evening for a ride.
Hammerhead
17926.jpeg

17924.jpeg

17922.jpeg

17919.jpeg

@Hammerhead Sweet multi-ride posts today! That’s a really cool chain guard on your morning ride bike. Great light you caught at sunset at the top of School St.

@tripple3 Lots of nice paint on that 36 Clipper! 83 years old!!!

@SKPC It’s crazy that a 60 mile ride isn’t anything out of the ordinary for you. I never get tired of staring at the Hawthorn Flyer :hearteyes: and the great pics you post.

Philthy came down for a sizzling sunset canal ride to Gilbert. We made it just past Main Street when Philthy’s rear tire started hissing. The valve stem on his desert approved thorn proof tube had rubbed on the wheel hole for too long. We made a solid effort to patch and run, but fixing a stem hole with the stuff we had didn’t work.
ADB510E7-CAA1-467A-953F-094DAC715BDF.jpeg
9C4C4034-C17E-4FA3-806C-DEA20CE7C212.jpeg

Philthy chilled out on main st. with his deflated bike and I powered home on the 41 New World. I had to stop at the trax to snap a sunset pic. :)
23FA6A49-91F1-4BF6-B297-101DB526534D.jpeg

I drove back to Gilbert in my Forester and picked up Philthy and his Cannondale.

Sometimes rides don’t go like you plan. I’m just glad I had a chance to hang w Philthy, even if we were stuck on the side of the canal path laughing about patching stems for a lot of it.

Last edited:
Just under 60 on the Hawthorne Flyer today. Down the coast, up Newport Back Bay and San Diego Creek when I came up on Mike and Troy pedaling at my pace, so I joined them for 25+ miles. They showed me a sweet loop through Irvine with some climbing and new bike paths. Really fun riding with them but eventually parted ways and rode back out to the coast along the water north from the wedge to Bolsa Chica, then south again through Talbert Regional and home to some Blueberry Acai sorbet frozen reward. Bike rode trouble free & carried me well as expected. Most excellent pedal.
View attachment 1052484

View attachment 1052485

View attachment 1052486

View attachment 1052487
View attachment 1052573
An excellent pedal indeed!
Out on the '49 Ciclos Minaco 'especial' this Sunday morning. Only 15 miles around a very sunny South Oxfordshire. 15 miles is often enough though, this bicycle is made to be ridden fast.....
20190825_090543.jpg

20190825_102728.jpg

20190825_102630.jpg

...... and I try my best to do it justice.

@Miq @dnc1 Kind words from my riding brothers. We missed you Darren, glad to see you back, and what a bike! Super pics. Miq-I carry alot of spare stuff only because of these breakdown experiences which WILL happen eventually. Otherwise I wouldn't ride with a pack full of tools and parts:rolleyes: Hopefully no-one is sick of looking at the Hawthorne yet. It is special to me.
1566746494562.png

Back