When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wow this thing is so much faster than my other bike. Kinda felt like this guy. Gotta put a front fender on it at least... I got splashed in the face by puddles at least 3-4 times. I might buy a pair of yellow lense glasses for night riding cause something flew in my eye too. Tonight's pic is where it all stated for me. Had i not picked up this persons saddle on a 12 dollar bike from goodwill i might not have stumbled onto old bikes or the cabe.

20190911_234512.jpg

20190911_234503.jpg

downloadfile.png

@3-speeder and @Balloonoob Thanks for the sunset props. and soundtracks. I am fortunate to live in a place where the sky is so open.

I’m still leaving too late to really catch the good light. It’s was in the 90’s at sunset and I really wanted to let it cool down more...

EF41C339-3162-46F2-A1D6-5F88E26E0668.jpeg

9E1B36BB-5CBF-46E0-92C8-02C6A935634B.jpeg
78FABE8A-24E9-4FC3-9B50-BEC15BEC4852.jpeg

These low light pics take a lot of post processing. Jacking up the brightness and correcting some of the yellow sodium vapor lighting effects etc... I’ve been digging how some of the backgrounds come out looking like watercolors, all washed out and fuzzy. It’s a little further from reality than the day pics I take. Not quite as gorgeous and artistic as the pics @Kstone creates, but I’m having fun. There are a lot of great photographs from many members here (regulars and less frequent posters alike) and I’m inspired and learning everyday from all of you. Thanks!

I’m also learning about where you ride and what it’s like near you. Great to see the sunsets from the top of School St., or morning light “left coast” rides, or Amish Chow Chow and farm gear, or toasty Texas nights, or high Utah mountain White Birch colonies, or noticing the bike lock on the custom Che painted bike, or Colorado group rides with kids and costumes, or New England fire road rides, or jaunts through the ancient small towns of the UK, or big rides in Yosemite, or beach bunkers and deep blue water in Greece or, or, or... It really beats noticing the fewer ways we are different from each other. :)

Ride on.

Last edited:
Did my 11 miles this morning on my 1974 Le Tour. This is the smoothest, fastest bike of the ones I have. Even better rider than the new aluminum hybrid I have. Now I’m on the hunt for another one in the same condition but in yellow. I have the original Schwinn saddle that is in brand new condition but man it’s so hard and uncomfortable. The saddle I have on is padded and feels great.

E724EC7E-7FBE-4D9D-B921-AB7234C8BA6C.jpeg

2C511842-5C6C-41FC-8674-4B7699BA5448.jpeg

Last edited:
Went for a few hour ride on the old iron mine roads again. Uncharted territory this time. @fattyre just posted a photo of a snapping turtle on his ride today. I passed two also, one was pretty high up the mountain. They are usually never out of the water unless they are laying their eggs in June. A little strange, nice ride, a dull gray day w/ a threat of rain that never materialized. Third photo in front of one of my favorite local stone walls w/ some great stuff I picked up along the way

fullsizeoutput_b47.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_b48.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_b49.jpeg

Back