When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Am ride on my '61 Deluxe Hornet. Sunrise to the left, moonset to the right. Beautiful morning for a ride.
Hammerhead
IMG_20191015_075048.jpg

IMG_20191015_075256.jpg

IMG_20191015_075134.jpg

19073.jpeg

@1motime You bet! Get your New World rolling and take some pics. Here’s some other threads to look for New World inspiration. Tell Us About Your New World and Gramp’s Bike.

Another exploration ride tonight. Headed down the trax off roading for a while and flatted both my tires with goat heads. :D Spent a few minutes under a street lamp in a safer park area putting the two new tubes I had into the tires. I knew it was going to be a little sketchy so I wasn’t surprised. Going to get some thorn tape I think...
16 miles in the dark, putting together a new route was a little nuts but fun. Second half of the ride was old hat.

View attachment 1078777
View attachment 1078778
At Espee Park in Chandler there is a dedicated bike park for BMX, Freestyle, & Grind. Got to see some fellas pull off a few tricks. Cool place.View attachment 1078779
1941 New World W1M
Thanks for the reply! Thanks for the info. I am sorta new to CABE. Lots to absorb. My bike is a (rough) prewar 3 speed. I am going to see it through! Stay away from thorns!

Both my old bikes still have flat tires so I rode this one this morning. 30 degrees out. But gotta keep pushing.

View attachment 1077303

I have 2 words for you gentlemen. Tru Goo!;)

Been using it for years as Goatheads and wind are my nemesis. Doesn't help with wind, however. An ounce and a half, maybe 2 in skinny tubes. 2-2.5 ounces in balloon tires keeps me riding.:) If you ride off paved surfaces you will find goatheads....

Plus it's made locally.

@Mr. Monkeyarms I appreciate your first hand experience. I've used Slime in my MTB tubes before too and wasn't a big fan. Maybe it's different now but it struggled with big punctures and getting into the valve. I ordered some of these last night:
1571161615951.png

I'll see if they fit and work. I'm not so worried about adding a few ounces to my 10 lb wheels.:p

Yep, Slime is garbage. There isn't a sealant that works on large holes that I'm aware of. Being an ex- mountain bike racer, I am aware of where my tires make contact with the ground at all times, no matter what bike I'm on. Same tubes in my road bike for over 5 years(when I rode a lot)and only had to patch one hole that wouldn't seal. That's pretty good in my book.;)

I have 2 words for you gentlemen. Tru Goo!;)

Been using it for years as Goatheads and wind are my nemesis. Doesn't help with wind, however. An ounce and a half, maybe 2 in skinny tubes. 2-2.5 ounces in balloon tires keeps me riding.:) If you ride off paved surfaces you will find goatheads....

Plus it's made locally.
Yeah I know... I gotta get some from my lbs. Duct tape lining only works so well. 14 dollars would probably save me money and lots of headaches.

Back