When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Took my Leader to work for some cleaning and repacking of the wheel bearings. A lot less funky noises now. And it cleans up nicely too. Then a short lunch ride today.
CB3A7704-1FFE-4903-B22F-31E19B7724F1.jpeg

Took a ride out to my local spot-Quarry Lakes...
IMG_2019-10-17_13-37-43-start.JPG

IMG_2019-10-17_13-38-01-lake.JPG

Then rode over to the Niles District to check out the Essanay Silent Film Museum (Charlie Chaplin) but it was closed...
IMG_2019-10-17_14-07-11.JPG

Essanay Film Manufacturing Company, an early motion picture company, had a studio and back lot located in Niles from 1912–1916 at the canyon's western mouth. The canyon was featured in many early films, some by Broncho Billy and it was here that Charlie Chaplin filmed one of his most iconic movies, The Tramp. The Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum has exhibits, screenings, and events remembering its heritage.

Edison Projecting Kinetoscope...
IMG_2019-10-17_14-27-16.JPG

Niles City Plaza...
At the center of the Niles District, the Niles Town Plaza revitalizes the quaint downtown by employing a railroad depot theme, which includes the newly renovated depot building, freight building, caboose, embedded railroad tracks, amphitheater, stage, seating areas, and central water feature.
A unique water feature pays tribute to the Nile's historical film role, which starred Charlie Chaplin in his early Hollywood career. Each of the spinning film roles depicts a historical aspect unique to the Niles community.
IMG_2019-10-17_14-06-59.JPG

IMG_2019-10-17_14-28-09.JPG

Then I rode over to Union City for a while...
IMG_2019-10-17_13-39-37-UC sign.JPG

Heading back home...
IMG_2019-10-17_14-19-34.JPG

Great day for a ride!

Same bike, down to Newport, then back to carpool garage.
Always having fun.:D
On my way home, a goat-head got my rear tire.
I am going to try Tru Goo as suggested; but this bike is still due for some maintenance, so I'm parking it until that's done.:(
My contractor friend came and picked me and the bike up and took me home.
I only had to push it about 1/2 mile.:)
IMG_5889.JPG
IMG_5893.JPG
IMG_5901.jpg
IMG_5904.JPG

Bad news is that I broke the stem on my '32 Simmons, so I won't be able to ride it in tomorrow's Tweed Ride.

Silver lining is that a local guy who really wanted my Bianchi swapped me this clean refurbished Dunelt, plus a little pocket money :) Seems more fitting for the occasion, and I've been Brit-Curious for a while now.

I rode it to the Library to return a book, only to find I forgot a few overdue videos... Guess I'll have to go back.

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

Bad news is that I broke the stem on my '32 Simmons, so I won't be able to ride it in tomorrow's Tweed Ride.

Silver lining is that a local guy who really wanted my Bianchi swapped me this clean refurbished Dunelt, plus a little pocket money :) Seems more fitting for the occasion, and I've been Brit-Curious for a while now.

I rode it to the Library to return a book, only to find I forgot a few overdue videos... Guess I'll have to go back.

View attachment 1080364

View attachment 1080365
"I rode it to the Library to return a book, only to find I forgot a few overdue videos... Guess I'll have to go back."

That was deliberate and premeditated.
I do it all the time.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Back