When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Thru some parts on a frame I found last weekend for a quick trip to the car show, dang, just noticed those ugly reflectors !
830254A8-F793-425E-B915-641ACBBC4DB2.jpeg

E2C1880A-656A-4C9E-9BD9-2B9C3C885E62.jpeg

DAF954D5-A569-4204-BABE-A2523156E2F2.jpeg

I've been curious as to the runaway popularity of cyclocross / gravel bikes, and today threw together a completely free rendition from parts taken from roadside finds. Most of bike is a bike shop quality (given local shop label on frame) low end Taiwanese '80s road bike - "Jetter". Wheelset and 700 x 38c tires from a nice '90s Univega hybrid. Crankset and pedals from a low end 1980 Peugeot road bike. I used the Jetter since it was smaller. Took it on a rigorous maiden run in the hilly woods near my home. It performed really well for what it is, and I kind of get the concept now. Drop bars really helped with climbing. Unfortunately, while I didn't crash it in the hills, I almost did on pavement, during the "hands off" test. At the very least, I have some bent forks. Given the condition of the original rear wheel and left pedal, and chainrings, I wouldn't be surprised if the frame is bent as well.

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

We had some big wind roar through town about 2am, I woke up to this in our neighborhood.

Our little town got slammed with some straight line winds, 85 mph +

Still better than what Dallas got.
View attachment 1082967

View attachment 1082968

View attachment 1082969
While I was at work, my bride sent me photos of tree damage in our backyard.

I got home from work and played with my chainsaw for just over 5 hours and created this.

Also, a candid photo of me and my trusty polesaw. My bride Karen tells me that I have no business being on roofs, climbing trees to limb them and precariously balancing on ladders to limb trees at 59 years of age. Perhaps she is right, I am pretty sore.

View attachment 1082978

View attachment 1082975

View attachment 1082976

Well, after all that fun, a ride on the Pierce was in order.
View attachment 1082979

this is what Dallas got last night.

View attachment 1082983
Man those trampolines take off like a kite. That's a pretty good 5 hour pile. I say keep climbing on roofs and trees - it's those scary ladders that will hurt ya. Glad your place didn't get tore up too bad.

Back