When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thru some parts on a frame I found last weekend for a quick trip to the car show, dang, just noticed those ugly reflectors !
830254A8-F793-425E-B915-641ACBBC4DB2.jpeg

E2C1880A-656A-4C9E-9BD9-2B9C3C885E62.jpeg

DAF954D5-A569-4204-BABE-A2523156E2F2.jpeg

I've been curious as to the runaway popularity of cyclocross / gravel bikes, and today threw together a completely free rendition from parts taken from roadside finds. Most of bike is a bike shop quality (given local shop label on frame) low end Taiwanese '80s road bike - "Jetter". Wheelset and 700 x 38c tires from a nice '90s Univega hybrid. Crankset and pedals from a low end 1980 Peugeot road bike. I used the Jetter since it was smaller. Took it on a rigorous maiden run in the hilly woods near my home. It performed really well for what it is, and I kind of get the concept now. Drop bars really helped with climbing. Unfortunately, while I didn't crash it in the hills, I almost did on pavement, during the "hands off" test. At the very least, I have some bent forks. Given the condition of the original rear wheel and left pedal, and chainrings, I wouldn't be surprised if the frame is bent as well.

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

We had some big wind roar through town about 2am, I woke up to this in our neighborhood.

Our little town got slammed with some straight line winds, 85 mph +

Still better than what Dallas got.
View attachment 1082967

View attachment 1082968

View attachment 1082969
While I was at work, my bride sent me photos of tree damage in our backyard.

I got home from work and played with my chainsaw for just over 5 hours and created this.

Also, a candid photo of me and my trusty polesaw. My bride Karen tells me that I have no business being on roofs, climbing trees to limb them and precariously balancing on ladders to limb trees at 59 years of age. Perhaps she is right, I am pretty sore.

View attachment 1082978

View attachment 1082975

View attachment 1082976

Well, after all that fun, a ride on the Pierce was in order.
View attachment 1082979

this is what Dallas got last night.

View attachment 1082983
Man those trampolines take off like a kite. That's a pretty good 5 hour pile. I say keep climbing on roofs and trees - it's those scary ladders that will hurt ya. Glad your place didn't get tore up too bad.

Back