When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Happy Veteran’s Day!

@dnc1 Nice pics D!

Took the 41 on the new ride I've been scouting again. Avoided the trax this time and found a new route through a neighborhood. The streets wind around and there’s a small footpath leading from the corner of the street to the canal. You really have to do some detective work to find it. When you get to the end of the footpath there’s an unlocked gate you have to open and close behind you, as if you are going out to your pool. I felt like such a part of their hood, using the gate in the dark. :) 16.7 miles of coaster fun.
42B7F329-1E78-4497-A89E-BC7B05A43C58.jpeg
DC8AF621-C945-4B5C-9C98-0C891A1B7D72.jpeg
365707E9-41A2-4C98-A402-99B234F26063.jpeg
B91A0870-29FF-47FD-82DD-50B25BB00609.jpeg
CFA65640-0CD9-434E-A9A8-2FDEA29E72BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Out on the 1933 Colson Flyer today. I went for a longer ride to see how things held together and to see how it rode with the original wheels finally dialed in.
When I found this bike, the wheels had blown-out spokes, were badly bent and totally un-rideable. I put a few hours into straightening up the seldom seen 45mm wide original Lobdell clinchers that were laced to an early ND hubset sans oiler or front hub markings. Very rare wheelset. After getting the two rims round and straight again, (not easy) I laced them up with NOS butted spokes, original nips and the original hubs with re-surfaced races and new cones. Straight and smooth running now! :D This bike still needs a correct straight crank and a Colson stand but I am in no rush to do so. Really fun to ride this thing today. Around 34 miles up and down the coast and got some dirt in too!!

Last edited:
Out on the 1933 Colson Flyer today. I went for a longer ride to see how things held together and to see how it rode with the original wheels finally dialed in.
When I found this bike, the wheels were blown out bent and un-rideable. I put a few hours into straightening up the rare 45mm wide original Lobdell clinchers that were laced to an early ND hubset sans oiler or front hub markings. Very rare wheelset. After getting the two rims round and straight again, (not easy) I laced them up with NOS butted spokes, original nips and the original hubs with re-surfaced races and new cones. Smooth running now! :D This bike still needs a correct straight crank and a Colson stand but I am in no rush to do so. Really fun to ride this thing today. Around 34 miles up and down the coast and got some dirt in too!!:p
View attachment 1095161
View attachment 1095162
View attachment 1095163
View attachment 1095165
that bike is sweet.

I have been wondering for some time, just how tall are you Pete?

@piercer_99 Thank you kindly sir Piercer...I am 6'-4" 190lbs. .:rolleyes: And Pierce-yes a sweet ride and it is single speed! I was thinking about your single-ringers (and @dnc1 ) while riding this one today. Loved it! The long 3/4 " L-7 seat-post I had to make custom because of my height. The original one I do have is about 4" tall. (Edit: I was thinking while riding that dnc1 if anyone would enjoy riding this old 26" machine as it is so different than his older 1-spd rigids. An American fat bike would be fun for him me thinks. Does anyone else here(while riding) think about a specific Caber who would love to own or ride the bike you are on? I think about it all the time..

Last edited:
Back