When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Whaaaat? Green Phantom curb find!!! Kinda beat, but mostly complete. Cant believe it! Found it on my ride home from work. Almost rode right past it as it was pretty dark out. Garbage night in that area. Luckily a buddy with a truck was nearby to bring it home for me cuz there would be no way to double it home for 5 or so miles.
View attachment 1105912

Last edited:
Finished this Snyder Motobike bike up late yesterday. I got the frame from a friend, badly cratered headtube, primered. Popped the cups out and the tube was still good, so cleaned and polished the frame with steel wool, flitz, finished with wax. Assembled from orphan parts around the shop, recovered the seat, headbadge screws are broken off in the headtube, so I slapped a badge I made onto it with some 3m tape. Rims from Dan, stainless double-butted spokes, 1930s ND D with resurfaced discs and new bearings, NOS Atom aluminum front hub, Columbia Superb tires, NOS stainless fenders, grips from rideahiggins. Just took it a few blocks to Troy Donuts for a snack. Rides great, but brake was squealing like Mike's tires at 5pm on a Friday. ;)
Gave it a few hard brakes and now it's nice and quiet, stops on a dime :cool:

View attachment 575337

View attachment 575338

View attachment 575339

View attachment 575340

View attachment 575341

View attachment 575342

View attachment 575343
Great badge , I
Finished this Snyder Motobike bike up late yesterday. I got the frame from a friend, badly cratered headtube, primered. Popped the cups out and the tube was still good, so cleaned and polished the frame with steel wool, flitz, finished with wax. Assembled from orphan parts around the shop, recovered the seat, headbadge screws are broken off in the headtube, so I slapped a badge I made onto it with some 3m tape. Rims from Dan, stainless double-butted spokes, 1930s ND D with resurfaced discs and new bearings, NOS Atom aluminum front hub, Columbia Superb tires, NOS stainless fenders, grips from rideahiggins. Just took it a few blocks to Troy Donuts for a snack. Rides great, but brake was squealing like Mike's tires at 5pm on a Friday. ;)
Gave it a few hard brakes and now it's nice and quiet, stops on a dime :cool:

View attachment 575337

View attachment 575338

View attachment 575339

View attachment 575340

View attachment 575341

View attachment 575342

View attachment 575343
Love the badge

Back