When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
My Ford decided not to start this morning, so I missed my normal ride today. My friend rode his ‘46 Dx and yet another friend showed up on his Straight bar. Figures I missed out on that.

After I got my Ford fixed, I went on about a 10 mile ride on the Whittier green way trail. Not too many people out today so it was like riding by myself. First longish ride on the Shelby Klunker. Not a bad rider. On the way back home I stopped at King Richards Antique Mall. Fun way to kill some time

Elgin Roadster out to the waters' edge, then up and down the coast for 42. Slightly cooler temps and little if any wind.

This bike is very smooth and damp, standing or sitting. This is why I love this bike. Butt and hands are both floated by the comfy sprung seat and progressive springer fork. Road chatter is swept away. The big bars are the cat's meow as they have multiple locations to place the hands, and when on the grips and way back on the saddle while pedaling, you can lean this thing over and it turns and tracks and arcs like a ski on edge. The axle on the fork is waaaay in front of any handlebar hand placement, so the twin springs compress just the right amount when standing up and pedaling hard, maybe only 1/3 of the total, so it feels very predictable and not mushy when off the seat. The seat itself is the lightest and most comfortable of the sprung seats that I have had the pleasure to sit on, and it has a lot of different sit spots on it. Pedals the same, you can move around on them. This is why I like this smooth bike so much I think. At speed it really shines and feels like you are doing something illegal...... A favorite build of mine.

Last edited:
Back