When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
OC BEACH ride with like minded enthusiasts/ CABErs/riders
I picked 1937 Syracuse again today, because I love it.
IMG_8097.JPG

My wife prefers mans bikes but we saw this woman's Schwinn in a Goodwill store years ago, $5 as I recall. She wanted to throw it away last year, in red dirt part of basement of her parents house which she sold.
I bring it here, clean it up, lube, new tires. I use it to ride to our mailbox. Today it's freezing but the paved road we live off of there's no traffic so I take a ride. All at once my right foot hurts like h***. My tennis shoe laces somehow caught, winding around the petal at the crank!
I couldn't pedal backwards because of the coaster brake. Anything I did made it worse. I couldn't get the shoe off and no knife. Then I thought about Captain Ahab, and I was now strapped to Moby Dick! That was about the time in struggling I fell over into some thick bushes, bike and all. Someday I thought someone would find a tanglement of skeleton, bike and heavy clothes.
Finally I managed to get just enough slack to get my laces untangled.
Just call me Ishmael!
c1cb8c15dcfec0e983070587357e66e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

My wife prefers mans bikes but we saw this woman's Schwinn in a Goodwill store years ago, $5 as I recall. She wanted to throw it away last year, in red dirt part of basement of her parents house which she sold.
I bring it here, clean it up, lube, new tires. I use it to ride to our mailbox. Today it's freezing but the paved road we live off of there's no traffic so I take a ride. All at once my right foot hurts like h***. My tennis shoe laces somehow caught, winding around the petal at the crank!
I couldn't pedal backwards because of the coaster brake. Anything I did made it worse. I couldn't get the shoe off and no knife. Then I thought about Captain Ahab, and I was now strapped to Moby Dick! That was about the time in struggling I fell over into some thick bushes, bike and all. Someday I thought someone would find a tanglement of skeleton, bike and heavy clothes.
Just call me Ishmael!View attachment 1127562

Sounds like you had a hell of a day. Laces in pedals are an adventure.

Took the Flightliner out this fine cold afternoon. This is nice little store. Been here since the beginning of time , across from the drag strip. Good beer prices.
20200116_094546.jpg

The park road was half closed off. So I only used half the park
20200116_094109.jpg

20200116_085834.jpg
20200116_094323.jpg

Good cold ride!

Just call me Ishmael!View attachment 1127562

OUCH!!! Glad you are ok. As a matter of fact I was thinking of the possibility of my shoe lace getting tangled and began a few days ago to double tuck them suckers under the cross lacing as a safety measure. I don't know how you guys ride in that cold weather. It was 50F earlier this afternoon and got as far as the end of the driveway and came back. It was blowing a good 15-20 mph so it felt to me like in the 30s.:fearscream:

OUCH!!! Glad you are ok. As a matter of fact I was thinking of the possibility of my shoe lace getting tangled and began a few days ago to double tuck them suckers under the cross lacing as a safety measure. I don't know how you guys ride in that cold weather. It was 50F earlier this afternoon and got as far as the end of the driveway and came back. It was blowing a good 15-20 mph so it felt to me like in the 30s.:fearscream:
[emoji3]
eb243f090bdcaa2172e46e15054f34cd.jpg

Back