When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Yeah, it looked super clean.
I have no idea, if it’s legit or not, but it looked pretty original to me.
The interior was flawless, and it had that factory upholstery look.
If it was a restoration or a tribute car, the upholstery would’ve been done way nicer than it actually was done originally.
Same for the paint and chrome.
If it was legit, and you were a big fan of the Chevrolet Camaro and the 1969 Indy 500, like I’m sure, Mario Andretti is, then I don’t think, that $75,000 was really all that bad.
The car still looked brand new, like it had been in a time capsule or something.
But, you know what they say, about something being too good to be true?
Then it usually is.

Yeah, it looked super clean.
I have no idea, if it’s legit or not, but it looked pretty original to me.
The interior was flawless, and it had that factory upholstery look.
If it was a restoration or a tribute car, the upholstery would’ve been done way nicer than it actually was done originally.
Same for the paint and chrome.
If it was legit, and you were a big fan of the Chevrolet Camaro and the 1969 Indy 500, like I’m sure, Mario Andretti is, then I don’t think, that $75,000 was really all that bad.
The car still looked brand new, like it had been in a time capsule or something.
But, you know what they say, about something being too good to be true?
Then it usually is.

A four speed big block in exceptional condition--maybe. I'm not seeing a small block car getting that kind of action. One of my favorite early Camaros but a real '67 Z28 would be the one for me. V/r Shawn

Yeah, but was it the official pace car to the 1969 Indianapolis 500?
That gives this car a historical connection that I’m sure adds a tremendous amount of value.
Kind of like the Persol sunglasses that Steve McQueen wore in the Thomas Crown Affair.
Maybe a $300 dollar pair of glasses at best, but because Steve McQueen wore them in a movie, they became $70,000 dollar glasses just like that.
I’m not saying that cars worth that kind of dough, but it did catch my eye, and actually, I’m more of a Ford guy anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, but was it the official pace car to the 1969 Indianapolis 500?
That gives this car a historical connection that I’m sure adds a tremendous amount of value.
Kind of like the Persol sunglasses that Steve McQueen wore in the Thomas Crown Affair.
Maybe a $300 dollar pair of glasses at best, but because Steve McQueen wore them in a movie, they became $70,000 dollar glasses just like that.
I’m not saying that cars worth that kind of dough, but it did catch my eye, and I’m more of a Ford guy.

The winner of the Indy 500 is usually awarded the actual pace car. For the race they usually have some back-up cars and the only difference between these and the 'replica' pace cars sold to the public was some minor safety and lighting items. I would think that they would have used the big block cars for this but I'm sure some Camaro guru can weigh in--or a quick Google search! V/r Shawn

Back