When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
This old thing. Kiddo hit the ground and needed a lift home. She'll be all right and hopefully ready to ride tomorrow.

20200714_153952.jpg

Latest finished bike 1930s. Eatons Glyder
Very strange bike imported to Canada from England similar to same period CCM but has New departure rear hub and half inch pedals supposed to be Raleigh but
looks more like a Hercules to me and serial number doesn't jive with Raleigh
Original paint redid troxel seat have original tiller braced bars but have these bars for my comfort .
Also have the fenders coke bottle grips and original teardrop magna pedals and a nice cast iron newspaper rack for the front and a cast double sided kickstand .
Replaced Cranks as well but friend of mine got me exact match nos right side crank.
Wheels on this bike where super straight had 2 broken spokes on the front wheel but even it rolled really straight.
Other than getting the cranks off this bike came apart very easy so must have been stored indoors most of its life .
Chain was rusty and might replace it but other than that no real rust .
Even the insides of the rims where very clean
Gibson pedals are only temporary
Also check out all the pin stripping

IMG_8888.jpeg

Last edited:
Latest finished bike 1930s. Eatons Glyder
Very strange bike imported to Canada from England similar to same period CCM but has New departure rear hub and half inch pedals supposed to be Raleigh but
looks more like a Hercules to me and serial number doesn't jive with Raleigh
Original paint redid troxel seat have original tiller braced bars but have these bars for my comfort .
Also have the fenders coke bottle grips and original teardrop magna pedals and a nice cast iron newspaper rack for the front and a cast double sided kickstand .
Replaced Cranks as well but friend of mine got me exact match nos right side crank.
Wheels on this bike where super straight had 2 broken spokes on the front wheel but even it rolled really straight.
Other than getting the cranks off this bike came apart very easy so must have been stored indoors most of its life .
Chain was rusty and might replace it but other than that no real rust .
Even the insides of the rims where very clean
Gibson pedals are only temporary
Also check out all the pin stripping

View attachment 1229148
That's a beautiful machine.

Back