When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A few miles in the neighborhood on this recent acquisition: 1952 Dunelt

Today's ride was my first ride on my 1935 Hawthorne. A lot of the time I try to build up a rider with whatever I have around just to get a feel for her. I did that today with this project bike and enjoyed the ride. I also put the correct sprocket on and took the needed measurement for the skip tooth chain. It will need a 58 inch chain with the 26 tooth front and 11 tooth rear I plan for her. Now I just need to find another ND 11 tooth, either that or use the Ichibike one I have on a Nexus 3 speed.

GEDC3811.JPG

GEDC3814.JPG

Snuck out for a late afternoon ride on my '39 Firestone Flying Ace. Busy weekend spent working, visiting family Saturday with temps over 100°, slept in Sunday then put new brakes on the car while being "rained" on by debris from the Cameron Peak forest fire. Slept in a bit yesterday before messing with some parts for a future build. Then went for a ride since the smoke wasn't too bad from the fire. Temps around 92°. Today the high was 38° shortly after midnight as a cold front moved in. Expecting 1-3 inches of snow today. :)

I always seen to end up at the airport when I ride this bike!

The first blast of arctic air moved through while out on a ride. See the lovely Rocky Mountains in the background? No? That's ok, nobody else does either due to the smoke.

Even though the air was filled with smoke and arctic cold on the way, still a nice day for a ride! :)

Back