When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Out on my first V-CC ride in over a year.
We are now allowed to ride in groups of up to 6 as lockdown begins to ease.
A very roundabout route of around 20 miles following a local stream from its source as a spring emerging from the chalk escarpment of the Chiltern hills to where it joins the River Thame (yes The Thame, not the more famous River Thames).
I rode an additional 7.5 miles each way on the Minaco in order to get to and from the start/finish.
Off road on the Minaco to get to the start.....
20210331_202412.jpg

Paul and Francis on another off-road section along the Upper Icknield Way......
20210331_202714.jpg

Back at the finish I took.a chance to take photos of Paul's glorious ride for the day, a circa 1896 unknown bicycle built to the Humber pattern......
20210331_202800.jpg

20210331_202833.jpg

Great bike and great to see it being ridden.

35.02 miles for me. So happy.

The Higgins and I went to the LBS (again...) for another buttload of spokes for the Colson back rim. That project is done, except for truing it. I don't have an axle to Reassemble the ND hub yet. UPS says manana......65 and sunny today and even nicer tomorrow. A ride up Mill Creek is necessary, I think.

20210331_112738.jpg

20210328_143908.jpg

20210328_144601.jpg

Rode the Columbia over to one of our notorious High School hangout, the "Century jump" ( Century Blvd & RR tracks ), we use to see who could fly their parents station wagon the farthest or just watch the sparks fly from a unsuspecting family driving by, doesn't show in the pics but you could still get some air, they have paved some of the jump out of it and only a short run up now because street now curves 100 ft away because of a freeway that was not there. Never forget my friends dad wondering why the front wheels were wobbling on the 68 Mercury wagon on Saturday morning and asking my friend if he hit a curb:smirk:, little did he know it had all 4 wheels off the ground!, somewhere I got a pic of my 4x4 about 5 ft in the air because the people behind heads are cut off.

Last edited:
Back