When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
20210417_144844.jpg
20210417_091356.jpg
20210417_145348.jpg

Was very busy with house things but managed to squeeze a 6 mile ride on my 62 pound tank.

There is a very large gator in this lake. It was filmed by a neighbor yesterday as it strolled across a driveway which is exactly where my bike is parked. That is one large mother estimated to be at least 6 ft. long!

I

Last edited:
Took this for a spin today after seeing dnc1 and manuelvilla English style bikes mine is not as old as there's
but it's one of the only one's I have in this style it's done up like a path racer 1961 Elswick Hopper newer Sturmey Archer hubs
2speed kickback modern seat post and stem . If you loosen the rear wheel you can also use the larger front chainring .
I had a B-33 Brooks and longer moustache bars on it when I used to ride it lots but switched them out to get this ready to sell .
I made a discovery today I am getting old the seat on this bike and the bars are not for me ride was very short .
IMG_1900.jpeg

Last edited:
Took this for a spin today after seeing dnc1 and manuelvilla English style bikes mine is not as old as there's
but it's one of the only one's I have in this style it's done up like a path racer 1961 Elswick Hopper newer Sturmey Archer hubs
2speed kickback modern seat post and stem . If you loosen the rear wheel you can also use the larger front chainring .
I had a B-33 Brooks and longer moustache bars on it when I used to ride it lots but switched them out to get this ready to sell .
I made a discovery today I am getting old the seat on this bike and the bars are not for me ride was very short .View attachment 1393185
Nice bike, eventually you'll arrive at a comfortable/useable compromise.
I'm thinking of trying a 2-speed kickback hub in a wheel build; interested to hear how it works in reality?
@SKPC is the master (I think of mixing modern components with classic frames to make eminently useable rides.
Interesting that you refer to my recent rides as 'English style'. They are in fact Mallorcan (Spanish), French (x2) and American.

Sorry dnc1 maybe should have said European but meant the kind of bike you might see bombing around the English countryside
like you do or path racer style single speed bike with diamond frame .
Your bikes are very cool and so are the places you ride .

Back