When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
40 miles on Ranger this beautiful day. Round trip on the Legacy Trail and Venice Waterway Trail (east) and a side trip to the airport.

Your tax dollars at work...

extending the LT north, eventually to downtown Sarasota.

new paving on the Shamrock Park trails (VWP)

They were autocrossing at the airport...

Payoff...

Not sure any of us can be masters at re-thinking the older bikes, but thanks for thinking about me @dnc1.
I really like the way this one was done. And as dnc mentions, you can change the way it rides by using different bars, seats and/or pedals along with various adjustments to your specs. Being taller, I could easily swap in different bars, go clipless and raise the pillar/saddle. Seat so important.
View attachment 1393397
I agree, the seat is probably the most important component for long-term /long-ride comfort.
Reach, stem length/height/bar design is probably equally important for continued enjoyment of any bike. Although I do confess to having several ridiculous track bikes that I can't ride with any degree of comfort!

The first thing I do before riding any bike for the first time is adjust the saddle height. It really annoys me to see people riding any bike with the saddle too low, it just screams uncomfortable and inefficient.
Although it can be very comical to watch someone riding with their knees up around their ears!

Short ride today. First get the dust off the bike and take enough of a ride to turn the grease from a solid to a liquid again in the hubs and bottom end. I use the white bearing grease and if a bike sits to long it glues the brake sleeve in my Morrow hub making braking almost nothing-hardly engages! Anyway the weather was so nice I had to take out a favorite...this being a 1937 Schwinn BA170 model-Excelsior badged. Basically a motorbike with jeweled tank-fore brake and full floating saddle options.

Short ride today. First get the dust off the bike and take enough of a ride to turn the grease from a solid to a liquid again in the hubs and bottom end. I use the white bearing grease and if a bike sits to long it glues the brake sleeve in my Morrow hub making braking almost nothing-hardly engages! Anyway the weather was so nice I had to take out a favorite...this being a 1937 Schwinn BA170 model-Excelsior badged. Basically a motorbike with jeweled tank-fore brake and full floating saddle options.View attachment 1393685

You use hinge and door latch and garage door track grease on your bearings? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH my! :tonguewink:

Back