When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A few thoughts about the bike I rode today. It's a 2012 26"-er, full carbon Ibis Mojo Superlight. 3x9 spd drivetrain/Fox TALAS 115-150mm adjustable travel fork and 140mm of DW-link travel in the back. Fully lock-out-able to rigid. This machine is today "obsolete" according to todays standards. Ibis's design, when it 1st came out was far ahead of everyone and established the benchmark for carbon mtb FS rides. Destined to be a "classic" and therefore my post. ( @rcole45 ) I also have a brand-new, whiz-bang Ibis Mojo3 650b carbon machine I just built up that is supposedly "better". I ride both of these high-end machines, but there is something about this bike I also built that is difficult to put into words. It's light, (26.5lbs) really quick, a climbing joy and a wicked-fast descender in the hands of a capable rider. Still, after all these years and 6kmiles later, an ageless FS rocket. I was haulin arse today on it!! :p This "old" thing is frowned upon by the bicycle industry and "not cool" any longer. So sad. I thought of the riders here who post their vintage or classics while I was riding it at full tilt. My best goes out to all of you!

Last edited:
Been out for a night ride, checking out the "Blood" supermoon! Pretty awesome! Absolutely perfect night for a ride on a prewar Schwinn with the full moon shining down and a warm 76 degrees out. Midnight: The Witching Hour... So do you think that there is anything to the full moon bringing out the crazies??? I saw that the local police had some type of action going. Maybe I should ask them their thoughts on that!

Out on a ride with the V-CC again today.
Around 30 miles for me on the Ciclos Minaco again. I refitted the track bars as I'm able to cope with drops again.
Pictured between Berrick Salome and Rokemarsh, I've never seen so many 'Buttercups' In one field. The cows and calves seemed to be happy in a sea of yellow.....
20210526_181538.jpg

Was in some rarified company for the ride.
Amongst others, Paul's 'Claud Butler' split downtube model.....
20210526_181253.jpg

20210526_181218.jpg

Murray's 'Williamson'.....
20210526_181148.jpg

And Roy's amazing 'Britannic' x-frame.....
20210526_181329.jpg

Stunning machines!

Back