When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Have been riding modern bikes alot, but spun the 36 Snyder around town on the two-speed setup today. Would have liked a low but only had neutral & high. Weather in the 80's at 7000 feet.
1654996390835.jpeg

1654996363397.jpeg

1654996426399.jpeg

1654996455170.jpeg

I have this old winter photo of Howard, who's the captain of our Sunday ride. (that's Tad, petritl, grinning over Howard's shoulder
Howard owns Action Bikes in Universal City, and is the No. 1 rider in Texas, averaging 700 mi/wk.

Van works part time at Howard's shop, and today debuted his 80s Peugeot, on its maiden ride. The bike was consigned there, and Van snapped it up.
Though he was slowed down a bit today learning old school derailleurs and alpine gearing.
LMG4k5q.jpg

Nice bike, Strada crank, Rigida 1320 27" rims.
KPOAj4s.jpg

You can solve most any problem by throwing money. All of Japan is 20% off at the current exchange rate, and I picked up a 6-speed cassette hub-set from Grand Bois. Already had the Kinlin-made IRD rims, which I bought on closeout. Howard built the wheels for me, and both Van and Howard enjoyed showing them off during their week in the shop.
1644722 1644723

So I had the maiden ride on my new wheels today, and they improved the bike exactly where I wanted.
VzoaNzg.jpg

Good coffee group today, and while I was in town, stopped in to visit my buddy Steve, who had a breakfast West Coast IPA waiting for me.
He's been as busy with his elderly dad as I've been with my parents...

Last edited:
I have this old winter photo of Howard, who's the captain of our Sunday ride. He owns Action Bikes in Universal City, and is the No. 1 rider in Texas, averaging 700 mi/wk.
View attachment 1644719

Van works part time at Howard's shop, and today debuted his 80s Puegeot, on its maiden ride. The bike was consigned there, and Van snapped it up.
Though he was slowed down a bit today learning old school derailleurs and alpine gearing.
View attachment 1644720
Nice bike, Strada crank, Rigida 1320 27" rims.
View attachment 1644721
You can solve most any problem by throwing money. All of Japan is 20% off at the current exchange rate, and I picked up a 6-speed cassette hub-set from Grand Bois. Already had the Kinlin-made IRD rims, which I bought on closeout. Howard built the wheels for me, and both Van and Howard enjoyed showing them off during their week in the shop.
View attachment 1644722 View attachment 1644723

So I had the maiden ride on my new wheels today, and they improved the bike exactly where I wanted.
View attachment 1644724
Good coffee group today, and while I was in town, stopped in to visit my buddy Steve, who had a breakfast West Coast IPA waiting for me.
He's been as busy with his elderly dad as I've been with my parents...
Wonderful wheels indeed!
Out on the 'Morot' in the big city yesterday (Oxford, England).
The Women's Tour of Britain has its final stage finishing on the widest Street in town, St.Giles.
In conjunction with the City Council, race organisers and British Cycling I organised a group ride to the finish line for vintage bikes.
We had 10 riders on a mix of racers and roadsters all in vintage attire......
20220611_135149.jpg

...I particularly liked the effort that my friend Jamie and his wife Rebecca made. They really looked amazing on their his and hers 1930's 'Raleigh's'; mind-blowingly, Jamie won this pair of totally original bikes on Ebay just 2 weeks ago with a bid of just £2.20, around$3!!!!!
20220611_133637.jpg

It was great to be so close to the finish of such a high quality, world class women's road stage race and great to see Elisa Longo Borghini of Italy take the overall win in an amazing sprint finish.
The traditional champagne was sprayed from the podium......
20220611_151618.jpg

My good friend Ian looking like he's off to post race doping control.....
IMG-20220611-WA0026.jpg

...the guys looking on, with interest, are all members of the 'Bluelight C.C.'; a cycling club for police officers,medics and military!

I was due to rde about 55 miles in total but my ride was sadly cut short by a freak equipment failure.
After around 115 years the non-drive side crank arm on the 'Morot' snapped somewhat catastrophically at the pedal mounting point.....
20220612_085927.jpg

I was pedalling reasonably vigorously and on the downstroke and this breakage threw me off sideways with my head taking the brunt of the impact on the road.
I'm OK but it caused great concern with my riding friend Ian, I was bleeding quite alarmingly it seemed, but this was as much to do with the variety of anticoagulants that I have to take daily.
Somewhat sore and bruised today.
I really should start wearing a helmet perhaps!

Back