When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
36 Snyder townie on three errands in town. I put the 3-spd, 26" fat wheels back on after my 650b 1.9 experiment and ahhhhh much better.
Also replaced the 18t (9skip)rear cog with a lower geared 22t(11skip) modified Sturmey cog. Makes getting around here much easier.
1655337696194.jpeg
1655337625836.jpeg

Later out for 1.5 hrs on the now classic Ibis Mojo SL 26-er backup bike on "secret" local single-track. The experts say 26" is dead in the mtb world. Not so sure about that.
1655338090711.jpeg

Thanks, and I have to say that I have read a few of your old posts about bikes with a Positron system and now get what you are talking about. Had to replace the derailleur and shifter wire on this one and it now operates smoothly with a very “solid” feel to it.
Great looking tires on your ride 👍.
Yea I replaced the cable when I first bought it 2 years ago. Got it NOS in the sealed Schwinn plastic bag for $20. It shifts very smooth and solid. I really enjoy riding the old Suburban.

Later out for 1.5 hrs on the now classic Ibis Mojo SL 26-er backup bike on "secret" local single-track. The experts say 26" is dead in the mtb world. Not so sure about that.

The experts say 26" is dead in the mtb world..................

So, the average age of these "so called experts" is what, 17yrs old.............?

You're not so sure, and neither am I.

The experts say 26" is dead in the mtb world..................

So, the average age of these "so called experts" is what, 17yrs old.............?

You're not so sure, and neither am I.
26" is still a great size. Most of those young experts wouldn't know the difference because they all ride bikes with bigger wheels. I have one bike with 29" wheels, my 2021 aluminium frame SE fast ripper. Of the 12 or so bikes I own, I can say it is has the best ride even with the thickslick tires pumped to 65psi and the stiff alloy frame. I can only assume it has something to do with the larger wheels. It doesn't feel as nimble though as my 26"Kos or Cook replica.

Back