When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
M.T.Andy~Oz~ J-wag. The wheel size discussion! Best not get into it because it always ends badly, but it seems the fat & quick 26 wheels were unceremoniously discarded in the mtb world. I find the older SL to be(feel) faster than my new 650b Mojo 3. I have been lately riding each bike two days in a row, switching back and forth to understand what each do better and how much better? I know from my own experience that we all have personal preferences, riding styles and abilities that factor into what we like. We are also built different. Even though I am 6'3, I have always gravitated towards more compact, long travel mtb's that handle technical terrain well. My new Ibis, I would say is not necessarily a "better" or "faster" bike but it feels like it has less feedback from the ground because of the wheel size and is certainly bigger and smoother overall. "The X-men still around?" Not sure, but if they were involved in trail building early could be...names?
1655355479803.jpeg

1655355541738.jpeg

Last edited:
Last night's installment of Longmont Bike Night had 149 riders and 2 dogs. The theme was "Happy Birthday to You!" I couldn't wear my birthday suit so rode my Mizutani Super Seraph. 🤓

We had so many people that the front of the group met the middle at one point.

Crossing Main St....

Cruised the east side for a bit before looping around to cruise Main St.

Another nice night for a ride!

Great looking tires on your ride 👍.
Yea I replaced the cable when I first bought it 2 years ago. Got it NOS in the sealed Schwinn plastic bag for $20. It shifts very smooth and solid. I really enjoy riding the old Suburban.

Dig the tires!

Tires look great on the bike!
Thanks gents, I appreciate the compliments! Being fairly new to this hobby, it’s great to hear the kind words from you bicycle stalwarts!

Back