When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've had this 89 Schwinn Sierra Comp for over 10 years and enjoy it very much. Been extremely reliable. Recently been using it as my commuter bike....so I can say I rode it today. :^)

I'd like to source some original decals to do a restoration. View attachment 1696810
I modded the one that landed in my hands by stripping the paint and adding other Schwinn stickables to it.

1988Sierra2.jpg

Took a small search, but was able to locate . Bike Forums : Modelo professional stem failure. So it appears the design quite sleek and aero was it's weakness as crucial material removed left necks to snap off. Someone had actually inspected consequently finding a hairline crk. Others noted the neck was rounded - compared to sharp angles. News to me too... I looked at mine- but altho stylish it really ain't worth it . To me

Many projects wait in the wings, so yesterday I started in early then later I escaped out for a longer ride into the county in perfecto weather on the Hawthorne. This 84-yr old is solidly spec'd and usually the tool of choice. Zero accessories, quiet as a mouse and my most capable classic rider.
1663424785806.jpeg

1663424919230.jpeg

1663424978082.jpeg

1663424823060.jpeg

1663425043702.jpeg

Last edited:
Heavy overcast day means a tad lower temps so 17 miles done on the 46 Rollfast before the rain arrives. Came across a small group of wild turkeys leisurely walking in the area. Was hoping to see a deer or small Black Bear but they start coming out early evenings in cooler weather.

Took a small search, but was able to locate . Bike Forums : Modelo professional stem failure. So it appears the design quite sleek and aero was it's weakness as crucial material removed left necks to snap off. Someone had actually inspected consequently finding a hairline crk. Others noted the neck was rounded - compared to sharp angles. News to me too... I looked at mine- but altho stylish it really ain't worth it . To me

Thanks I will absolutely inspect. And have replacements available. Maybe I will skip the shellac, not 100% loving the black and maroon look - given silver & bright choices. Next bar tape change, unless stem looks fraught.

Is there a bicycle component that hasn't been broken? And discussed on Forums? Over the last 2 decades. Everything old is worth inspecting, many need a close one (some pierced have a history) - especially a stem, fork , front wheel. Head first hurts worst, i hear. But we ride carbon fiber forks almost universally on 'fast' bikes. No internet search needed on that front.

Back