When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
...just another day....
IMG_9136.jpg

...it has been my experience to NOT ride any bike I consider selling any further than to make sure everything works properly. Anything past that I start to enjoy the ride too much & end up keeping it. One of the problems with being a bikaholic I suppose...... 🤦‍♂️ 😂😂
On at least two occasions, I have acquired a bike with the intention of parting it, or at least scavenging bits for a project. Of course I always have to get the bike going to test said parts. Well I've learned that it's impossible for me to part a functioning bike, so those became saves.

So now I just pay up for the individual parts I need, and consider the extra cost an investment in time saved.

On at least two occasions, I have acquired a bike with the intention of parting it, or at least scavenging bits for a project. Of course I always have to get the bike going to test said parts. Well I've learned that it's impossible for me to part a functioning bike, so those became saves.

So now I just pay up for the individual parts I need, and consider the extra cost an investment in time saved.

I typically don't part out bikes unless the frame is wasted. I've bought girl's bikes in the past(dirt cheap/free) with intent for parts but when I get it home for a close look, I can't do it.

My problem, being a bicycle addict, is that I want to ride EVERYTHING! Plus I want to save any broke down bike so it can live it's intended life(@tacochris gets this 😂 ). Especially if it speaks to me.Once I get something built up with the intent of someone else to take home to enjoy & test ride, the addict in me enjoys it too much & not in a rush to turn it loose.

It isn't easy being me.🤓

Amazing view of the sunset from that pier! I have to watch the sun dip down behind cargo cranes, which is the charm of living in the part of NJ where they filmed the opening credits of the Sopranos. That Thai chili looks great.

Last edited:
I typically don't part out bikes unless the frame is wasted. I've bought girl's bikes in the past(dirt cheap/free) with intent for parts but when I get it home for a close look, I can't do it.

My problem, being a bicycle addict, is that I want to ride EVERYTHING! Plus I want to save any broke down bike so it can live it's intended life(@tacochris gets this 😂 ). Especially if it speaks to me.Once I get something built up with the intent of someone else to take home to enjoy & test ride, the addict in me enjoys it too much & not in a rush to turn it loose.

It isn't easy being me.🤓
It really is a curse at the end of the day! I have maybe parted two bikes in my life and in both cases they were girls bikes with either bent frames or rusted to pieces. In most cases if I snag a piece of a bike for another bike, I will replace the removed item and move the bike along to someone else.
Kinda like the bikes I brought home sunday....Sure I wanted the Racer and the Corvette, but it came with 4 70's bikes to which I have little to no interest but still I will move them on to someone who love them rather than see em hit the scrap yard. Guy I got em from said thats where they were headed and I couldnt handle that idea.

Back