When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1979 spitfire at Enchanted Hill Park

imagejpeg_0_14.jpg

image000000_22.jpg

imagejpeg_0_13.jpg

Made it out with the Sunday group this morning - first dry Sunday I've been in town and able to ride this year.
Howard finally gave up on St. Mary's Street construction, and changed the route. The new route bails off St. Mary's on Mistletoe, and takes us into downtown on McCullough.
Of course when we got downtown, our route was extended further by detours for a marathon.
Tad and I bailed a few blocks from the Dome to return to that first block of Mistletoe. We made a wrong turn west, added a couple of miles, and ended up by the jailhouse before consulting a map.
Here was our landing.
mGlX2Ww.jpg

This was my first ride on the Moser with the new Christmas wheelset.
aInipjF.jpg

Last time I rode it, an unmarked 4" sharp step in the dark on St. Mary's flatted my Moskva rims. Since my C-Record hub had over 10,000 mi on them, opted for a new set of Gran Bois hubs from Japan, and the H+Son Archtype rims have the same shape as the Moskvas.

pyl8KYV.jpg FnXFXir.jpg
Tad's bike has a story, too.
The Petrie Special he built for his son, who pawned it, Tad hunted it down and bought it back.
PO02POy.jpg

Great press coffee and beignets to jump us back up the Broadway climb.
1EpYnwz.jpg

Our waitress Andrea was really nice, and expects to see us again.

Last edited:
Super fun ride today with @Tim the Skid, Sue, and @Schwinn1776 through Tempe, AZ. So many people out to watch doing different stuff in every direction. Great times talking and pedaling 10 miles in the sunshine with new friends.
3CAC860E-6C1E-4CA5-8A72-3E5D5A8D750A.jpeg

AC0D65C5-8DC4-4EBB-9D72-ED2083E4DC2E.jpeg

76677521-AEBC-4F05-88FE-754A31EBBC68.jpeg

1953 Schwinn Meteor, 1936 Ace badged Schwinn, 1941 BFG badged New World, 1948 Shelby Americolor stunt bike.

Woke up early, excited to ride today, went out to the shore for the practically Full Moon.
Edison Power plant, and the new AES plant, old HPS lights/LED.
IMG_0615.jpg

went back home for some more coffee, left again for the end of the Balboa peninsula.
IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

back in Huntington Beach, loaded my bike in @Cory 's great big Ford Van.
IMG_0624.jpg

Rolled around Long Beach for a little while with a few faithful riders, Cyclone Coasters.
Fun day with like-minded bike-folk.

Back