When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's what I was on ...

The day started early for me with needing to ride something for our local bicycle / motorcycle swap meet in Long Beach at Vets Stadium ... I decided to pull out my vintage 1980 Bassett 26" BMX cruiser since it was close to the front door & easy to load in the van ... Got to the Swapmeet @ 7:15am .... Rolled around .. Found a couple smalls ... Ran into my buddy David on his 26" Powerlite 3 bar BMX around 10am ... He asked if I was up for a ride & where .. We decided to do a Newport to Huntington Beach ride along the strand ... We parked on Balboa Island .. Took the ferry to Newport peninsula & rode to lunch on HB Main Street ... We grabbed a bite then rode back to Newport & enjoyed the "local scenery" and mid 70s weather ... After we got back to Newport I loaded up the car & took Pacific Coast Highway to Crystal Cove State Beach and I couldn't resist to unload the bike again & go for a short ride again with the great weather ... These are my pics from Crystal Cove ... I hope everyone else had a good ride today ... Ride Vintage - Frank
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yesterday

WE went on a ride. My wife went with me for a 20+ mile cruise with several stops along the way.
Im riding 36 Electric with locking truss fork, OG black and Ivory b/c fenders, awesome rack I bought from Scott(Thanks again),best T.10 pedals, rebuilt triple drop rims, skip tooth 22 to 10 ratio(easy cruiser), fender bomb,...I could go on...
My wife's rider is a Raleigh Retroglide with Hot pink rims, hand-made padded seat cover and basket liner to match, custom options just for her...etc.
The Wedge is big right now so there were News Vans down there and lots of tourists to see....
securedownload-18.jpg
securedownload-15.jpg
securedownload-14.jpg
securedownload-13.jpg

securedownload-15.jpg

securedownload-18.jpg

securedownload-14.jpg

securedownload-13.jpg

Last edited:
Finished this Snyder Motobike bike up late yesterday. I got the frame from a friend, badly cratered headtube, primered. Popped the cups out and the tube was still good, so cleaned and polished the frame with steel wool, flitz, finished with wax. Assembled from orphan parts around the shop, recovered the seat, headbadge screws are broken off in the headtube, so I slapped a badge I made onto it with some 3m tape. Rims from Dan, stainless double-butted spokes, 1930s ND D with resurfaced discs and new bearings, NOS Atom aluminum front hub, Columbia Superb tires, NOS stainless fenders, grips from rideahiggins. Just took it a few blocks to Troy Donuts for a snack. Rides great, but brake was squealing like Mike's tires at 5pm on a Friday. ;)
Gave it a few hard brakes and now it's nice and quiet, stops on a dime :cool:

20140827_009JPG-1.jpg

20140827_010JPG-1.jpg

20140827_013JPG-1.jpg

20140827_014JPG-1.jpg

20140827_015JPG-1.jpg

20140827_016JPG-1.jpg

20140827_017JPG-1.jpg

Back