When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
When on a little shakedown ride this morning around the hood on my 50's straight bar Schwinn. Sure does ride nice. View attachment 729796

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Very cool bike Cory! Some nice parts on that frame. No wonder it rides so nice! I’m a believer that light wheels are the most important part on the bike that makes it responsive. You have some really nice wheels there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a late lunch on my Monark
CF97AF1E-A092-4973-A2DE-0F2A75474894.jpeg

4A5A2A80-14BE-4EAB-8360-F0428E84A331.jpeg

C3B29FD5-82BA-44A2-9733-9501B6152739.jpeg

I took advantage of my last day of vacation and spent some quality time with my bike and oh yeah, my son :mask:
We rode to our favorite coffee shop for breakfast but before we left, I gifted my '53 Panther to my 12 year old boy as he has officially outgrown his 24" of the same year. He was beyond stoked to be riding a 'big' bike and it just so happens that this bike in particular is about as smooth a rider as I own...you know the one ND rear hub that can actually skid!! The Panther is nice but not too nice which is perfect for him as I watched him jumping off curbs to test the Schwinn springer as I cringed and then just as quickly let it go...he's riding the bike exactly like a 12 year old should...the bike will hold up fine. It's a Schwinn after all.

When it came to taking pictures, he made sure HIS bike was in front!
IMG_8845.JPG

IMG_8847.JPG

Last pic...I had no idea he was related to @HippyMike!
IMG_8851.JPG

Riding with a 12 year old is good for the soul!

I took advantage of my last day of vacation and spent some quality time with my bike and oh yeah, my son :mask:
We rode to our favorite coffee shop for breakfast but before we left, I gifted my '53 Panther to my 12 year old boy as he has officially outgrown his 24" of the same year. He was beyond stoked to be riding a 'big' bike and it just so happens that this bike in particular is about as smooth a rider as I own...you know the one ND rear hub that can actually skid!! The Panther is nice but not too nice which is perfect for him as I watched him jumping off curbs to test the Schwinn springer as I cringed and then just as quickly let it go...he's riding the bike exactly like a 12 year old should...the bike will hold up fine. It's a Schwinn after all.

When it came to taking pictures, he made sure HIS bike was in front!
View attachment 730220

View attachment 730221

Last pic...I had no idea he was related to @HippyMike!
View attachment 730219

Riding with a 12 year old is good for the soul!
That's beautiful! He's one lucky boy, and looks very pleased. Lovely gesture!

That's beautiful! He's one lucky boy, and looks very pleased. Lovely gesture!
Thanks...it was really fun to see his excitement when we dropped the seat and lowered the bars...definitely a moment to cherish as he's on the cusp of a moody teen yet still a 'little guy' on the inside. Plus, to see him progress from a 20" Schwinn ballooner at age 5-6 to a 24" ballooner at age 9 to a standard ballooner at age 12 has been a really fun 'ride'.

Nowhere special, just a quick spin around the block. I found this banana seat and used lots of foam. I threw a temporary cover on it just to make sure it will work as a usable seat. Luxlow provided an extra long sissy bar. I'm gonna move the seat forward on the seat clamp. Thinking red tuck-n-roll with white piping.
IMG_0171.JPG

This frame was already drilled!
IMG_0172.JPG

Last edited:
Back