When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Riding crappy rental bikes on the Yucatan peninsula.
20180301_214504.jpg
20180301_215100.jpg
20180301_215142.jpg
20180301_214413.jpg

Here’s the ride today. It’s a Soft Cruise from San Diego. Kept the frame & swingarm and put everything else on from the shed.

View attachment 762862View attachment 762863

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember the shop Rusty Spokes in Pacific Beach. When he first opened ( a super guy) he was loaded with old bikes and parts. It was an awesome place. He started selling his line of bikes which is what you have. ( You may already know this) I bought a lot of old Delta light parts from him,

I remember the shop Rusty Spokes in Pacific Beach. When he first opened ( a super guy) he was loaded with old bikes and parts. It was an awesome place. He started selling his line of bikes which is what you have. ( You may already know this) I bought a lot of old Delta light parts from him,

Yep. First saw one of these about 6 years ago in Hemet. I did talk to him on the phone and I agree. He’s a good one. Built this one for recovery from back surgery. Put a China springer and a suspension seatpost on it. Talk about a squishy sloppy ride! Also did a Nexus 7 roller brake. The rear spring was too stiff even for a 215 lbs, so I ground the spring wire from round to much flatter. It’s just right now. Even go looking for the rough stuff and no back pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did get in a ride Thursday, but finally s. Texas weather is cooperating. Today Lou and I got out on an overcast 25-mi blast. Both the ride and lunch were a feast.
Maiden ride for Lou's new Tomassini project - I tried to get some closeups of the beautiful lugs and Columbus shaped tubing, but his are better
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/tommasini-diamante.126620/
uyQtSpX.jpg

I was road-testing the new stretch cockpit I added to the Italian Huffy this winter when it was on mag-trainer duty
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/new-handlebar-setup-equals-new-ride.125171/#post-848356
I Love IT - good aero, good core muscle work, slow steering - and when I grab the cork ends, have quick steering and brakes.
soUHtTy.jpg

We knocked out 12.5 mi south and got back to the upper trail a bit early before Thai House opened for lunch
XaJea0G.jpg

It was worth the wait - great soup
2yqtK2M.jpg

killer Thai rolls with fish sauce - of course they're half-eaten
YEsApEa.jpg

The stir-fry garlic pork more than replenished my worn-out salmon omelette from breakfast
dA7uzVM.jpg

Lou just can't seem to get past the curry here - he's in a curry rut
R7HxPQw.jpg

and a fast 5 mi back to the trailhead - couldn't ask for a better morning

ps - got up Sunday morning to just a little wet and it won't rain more before the Sunday morning sprint is done - gonna take the Italian Huffy downtown again this morning

Last edited:
Back