When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Riding crappy rental bikes on the Yucatan peninsula.
20180301_214504.jpg
20180301_215100.jpg
20180301_215142.jpg
20180301_214413.jpg

Here’s the ride today. It’s a Soft Cruise from San Diego. Kept the frame & swingarm and put everything else on from the shed.

View attachment 762862View attachment 762863

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember the shop Rusty Spokes in Pacific Beach. When he first opened ( a super guy) he was loaded with old bikes and parts. It was an awesome place. He started selling his line of bikes which is what you have. ( You may already know this) I bought a lot of old Delta light parts from him,

I remember the shop Rusty Spokes in Pacific Beach. When he first opened ( a super guy) he was loaded with old bikes and parts. It was an awesome place. He started selling his line of bikes which is what you have. ( You may already know this) I bought a lot of old Delta light parts from him,

Yep. First saw one of these about 6 years ago in Hemet. I did talk to him on the phone and I agree. He’s a good one. Built this one for recovery from back surgery. Put a China springer and a suspension seatpost on it. Talk about a squishy sloppy ride! Also did a Nexus 7 roller brake. The rear spring was too stiff even for a 215 lbs, so I ground the spring wire from round to much flatter. It’s just right now. Even go looking for the rough stuff and no back pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did get in a ride Thursday, but finally s. Texas weather is cooperating. Today Lou and I got out on an overcast 25-mi blast. Both the ride and lunch were a feast.
Maiden ride for Lou's new Tomassini project - I tried to get some closeups of the beautiful lugs and Columbus shaped tubing, but his are better
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/tommasini-diamante.126620/
uyQtSpX.jpg

I was road-testing the new stretch cockpit I added to the Italian Huffy this winter when it was on mag-trainer duty
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/new-handlebar-setup-equals-new-ride.125171/#post-848356
I Love IT - good aero, good core muscle work, slow steering - and when I grab the cork ends, have quick steering and brakes.
soUHtTy.jpg

We knocked out 12.5 mi south and got back to the upper trail a bit early before Thai House opened for lunch
XaJea0G.jpg

It was worth the wait - great soup
2yqtK2M.jpg

killer Thai rolls with fish sauce - of course they're half-eaten
YEsApEa.jpg

The stir-fry garlic pork more than replenished my worn-out salmon omelette from breakfast
dA7uzVM.jpg

Lou just can't seem to get past the curry here - he's in a curry rut
R7HxPQw.jpg

and a fast 5 mi back to the trailhead - couldn't ask for a better morning

ps - got up Sunday morning to just a little wet and it won't rain more before the Sunday morning sprint is done - gonna take the Italian Huffy downtown again this morning

Last edited:
Back