When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Rode my '73 around the Charlotte Hall Historical District. Below is the sidewalk entrance to the once Charlotte Hall Military Academy ( closed in 1976 ) and is now the Veteran's Home
20180610_124825.jpeg
a small field howitzer
20180610_124501.jpeg

during my travels I found this laying next to the trail which deserved a double take
20180610_124234.jpeg

And a group of vultures having breakfast , consisting of Road cured Hasenpfeffer
20180610_124704.jpg

honestly, had a really great bike ride yesterday, the day before, and a few through the week.
Cool bikes showed up yesterday, but I've showed them all before.
We left at 6am from Steve's house, I made a great run in the Alamodome sprint on the '74 International, and came in behind John and Tad (Animal Tad showed up in force).
A police officer was kind enough to let us run the light under I-35.
Returned to Steve's house for a 9-ball tournament, where I was trounced.
I believe I would have been more competitive, won a couple of late, great 9-ball combos - but my host had been slow sharing the billiards lubricant, which I believe adversely affected my early game.
View attachment 822441
He made up for it with Pizza As Art.
French bread dough, homemade marinara, which was characteristically southwestern, fresh mozzarella
View attachment 822442
The basil was from a refrigerated tube, capers, kalamata olives
View attachment 822443
bacon and enough grated mozzarella to hold it together
View attachment 822444
Temperature check on the 650-degree stone
View attachment 822445
4 minutes with a half-time turn
View attachment 822446
finish up with diced avacados
View attachment 822447
pizza as art - he called it ABC Pizza for avacados, bacon, capers (the kalamata olives were my idea)
View attachment 822448
it was perfect - the flavors were subtle, the texture of the bread light as good pastry.
Did I mention mention our 28-mi bike ride was really fine? He rode his Dahon, and I my '74 International. Tad was on his new Bianchi, Lou on his Tomassini.
(stock bike photo)
View attachment 822449
What's the usual penalty for running a red light in Texas? Curious to know.

Back