When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So I built me another bike to ride: 1936 Clipper
New Departure hubs got new ball bearings, a lot of scraping old grease, fresh lube and New bars, reflector and pedals I had.
I dig it.:sunglasses:
IMG_7321.JPG
IMG_7323.jpg
IMG_7322.jpg
IMG_7324.jpg

I was planning on keeping this one long term do to its condition, but since I found another mountain bike last weekend I have decided to give the GT one last ride today before listing it locally. It was just all polished up. One in in one out is my new rule.

View attachment 826773
Update: Sold. The guy who purchased it said he had a GT BMX Bike as a child, and he is just planning to get back into biking. He said he bought a Schwinn wallmart bike a few days ago, "I told him to return it, and he said that he already did, because it had issues". He then said when he saw this one for sale locally that he had to have it. After a test ride he actually gave me a 5$ tip and said if I had any female bikes he is looking for another for his wife. I don't have any completely built up at the moment, but told him I would get back to him. I saved a fellow biker from wallmart. If it stops raining today, I will take my new one out for its first spin tonight.

Edit: I got the new one out tonight for a ride. A late 90's K2, with a few parts I swapped out for a better performance / fit. (Xt / Mavic 517 wheel set, Thudbuster seat post from the 90's that I used to have on my 90's era Klein. "It helps tame down the harsness of that stiff aluminum frame", Time Pedals, and one of my favorite sets of vintage tires that originally came on a Specialized FSR, there great for fast single track, and were my go to tire when I used to enter the local races). Future plans include used XT Shifters, crank and derailleurs, and maybe a lighter bottom bracket, along with a stiffer fork as I'm already using up 1/2 of the travel on the Manitou SXR just hopping curbs. The bike came with a stiffer fork, but when I recently serviced my brothers bike, I swapped forks for him as he is bigger than me, and needed it more than I did.

1.JPG

Last edited:
Back