When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm healing from yesterdays surgery, here's so happier pics from a ride the other day.

20180822_171845.jpg

20180822_171819.jpg

I got my Viscount out for a ride. The last time I got out on this one it was not entirely functional so it has been sitting relatively idle for a while.

1.jpg

2.JPG

I bought this one sometime last year. and after getting it home I pumped up the tires and took it for a test drive without inspecting it. I ended up shifting the rear derailleur into the wheel a few blocks from my house damaging both the spokes, rear derailleur, and bent the drop out while skidding to a stop. After walking it home and spending some time bending the rear dropout back into shape I tossed on a Shimano mountain bike long cage derailleur. It sort of worked, but not well, I couldn't engage all the gears, and it just did not mesh up well with the cog. (No More Pump and Goes for me, I learned my lesson and at least give them a minor inspection now).

About a week ago, I purchased a lot of two bikes for some parts I needed, one of them was a 10 speed schwinn collegiate, and it came with this sun tour short cage derailleur that had the schwinn hanger attached that allows the derailleur to attach directly to the wheel bolt. I cleaned the derailleur up last night, and was going to post it on ebay. When looking at prices others went for, I noticed some of them had the little attachment and some of them did not. I never knew the attachment came off on the schwinn model derailleurs. Once I realized this, I thought it might work well on this Viscount.

Once removed, the derailleur ended up being exactly what I needed to get the Viscount working the way its supposed to. Its pretty cool when you unexpectedly find a piece you really need for another project.

3.JPG

And this is the old one I messed up in the wheel. The hanger that came on the schwinn is in the upper left hand corner, and was removed from the derailleur in the upper photo. (I probably should have known that on these Schwinn 10 speeds the piece was just a hanger, but I did not figure that out until today). I'm happy to get this one ridding and shifting well, Its pretty light in weight compared to my other road bikes.

4.JPG

I would figure you could use these schwinn hangers on any old cruiser if you ever wanted to add mountain bike wheels and gears. The Bolt that came with this sun tour derailleur fits into any standard frame mounted derailleur hanger.

Last edited:
Slipped away from the mountains and headed to the sea yesterday. I usually stay overnight in a little-visited camping area half of the way there. It always includes a dip in the Virgin River before turning in for the night. Maya appreciated it more than me....95 degrees and 35mph winds when I pulled in. I even rode the Hawthorne around the campground this am after coffee. HUGE thunderstorms all night as I hunkered down in the truck bed under the shell. Bolts coming down all around camp.
IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

Last edited:
20180815_123755.jpg
Nice day for a ride.
20180815_093738.jpeg

Rode around the area, and stopped and talked to Mr Gehman, who is the owner of the shop.
20180815_114718 (1).jpg

The buggy on the rights is Mr Gehman's mothers. The Fuji belongs to Mr Gehman's son. Mr Gehman himself owns a Peugeot, and loves to ride .

20180815_093448.jpeg

Doing a brake job on this pony buggy.

Back