When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1st ride on the new '38 Roadmaster Special Deluxe :hearteyes:
IMG_20180826_190853.jpg

IMG_20180826_190842.jpg

Fantastic Bikes this week! I just love this thread & photography:cool:.... I pulled apart the fork, headset and front wheel of the Elgin today for a 1000 mile check-up, cleaning and regrease, then pedaled around the hood before tomorrows' long ride.
IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

Last edited:
Tonight the weather was nice, and I dragged up my first Schwinn my parents ever bought for me as as a child back when i was in junior high. It's time was do for a good ride. I said this before but when it was first given to me I could not even reach the pedals. (At the time I was not to happy with that, but in retrospect the benefit is I could still ride it comfortably today).

Tonight I pulled it up from the basement and took it for a spin down the dirt banks of a local river. I love this bike, and it will be with me until my end as I don't think anyone would be ever able to appreciate this old re-furbished varsity as much as me.
1.JPG

I found this beer can on the bank, and used it as a kick stand. (I ground the original one off back when I decided to fix it back up as a personal rider a few years back).

2.JPG

3.JPG

It always feels good to get out on this child hood ride and remember all the abuse I put it though. After all these years I'm still riding it over terrain it was never designed to handle, and it just keeps on going. These old varsity's are pretty solid bikes. Tonight's ride was about 70% off pavement.

Last edited:
Back