When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
47 Huffman
47 huff.jpg

Lots of nice bikes here! Rode my new (to me) 1939 Raleigh Sports Tourist on its maiden voyage. 4 miles to the post office. Parked and was locking up the bike, the first passerby stopped to chat about "the coolest bike I have ever seen." All original bike in original condition. . The original owner was a nuclear engineer, his son inherited it 15 years ago and just stored in the basement. . Was never stored outside. Was infrequently ridden. The tires dry rotted and stuck to the floor in 15 years. The son put ugly modern ergonomic grips on it, and new tires and tubes. Glad the paint did not rust, guess the basement is dry. The grips got taken off within minutes of getting home. Got the correct NOS 1940's torpedo grips coming from U K..
The three speed was not shifting right. Took the slack out and it operated perfectly.

1939 2.jpeg

1939 1.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 912730
I rode my brother in law's not vintage Schwinn Voyageur III to downtown Chaptico in the misty rain.

View attachment 912734
Chaptico Market...the best d#mn fried chicken and Jojo fries ( unfortunately not picture ) in the state of Maryland

View attachment 912736
Made a pick up

View attachment 912740

Maaan, I luuuuvz me some fried chicken! But the pic at the liquor store looks like it was coming down a bit too hard for me. But I get it.....:)

Much respect.

Out for a short recce ride on Saturday, for next July's Festival of Cycling in Wallingford, UK.
A 13 mile loop for vintage and veteran machines around the South Oxfordshire countryside during a gap between bouts of rain.
Out on the 'Ciclos Minaco’.....

182E08A4-8632-4D3C-9F79-0FC4B8590BF2.jpg

4FF89415-6470-439C-9775-FF042775A9EB.jpg

Back