When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Killer klunker setup!
It is WAY fast(and stylish too). I may have a problem with this "bike thing" Anyone have an original paint 26" motobike straight-bar frame and truss fork laying around they wanna sell me? :D:hearteyes: I know ^^^^^T-3 has a 28-er Colson somewhere. Must not get another frame...must not get another..

...2 more Ohio bikes and a Schwinn from Chicago:
1935 Velvet deLuxe by Huffman Manufacturing

IMG_8386.JPG
IMG_8385.JPG
IMG_8392.jpg

then, 1936 Clipper, Double Bar Roadster by the Cleveland Welding Co.

IMG_8396.JPG
IMG_8398.jpg

then 1936 Electric, by Arnold Scwinn & Co.

IMG_8399.JPG
IMG_8401.JPG
IMG_8402.JPG

Enjoying the Rides!

I've always wanted to ride one. What's it like?... It seems like it would be really strange, center of gravity, handling, braking, etc.
Also approximate price?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

It is absolutely terrifying yet thrilling.

The tangentially laced wheel has less flex than the radial spokes on my original ordinaries. Pedaling forces the wheel in the opposite direction so you have to make an effort to pedal with an outward force to maintain a straight line making it a full body workout that you don’t get with a pneumatic safety. There are no brakes so you resist momentum with your legs. The diameter of the wheel greatly increases the gyroscopic effect over 28” wheels so it is more stable at lower speeds. For emergencies you jump straight off the back. For aggressive stopping you get back on the rear step and place your foot on top of the rear tire. They called the safety bikes that for a reason!

It was appropriately $3,000 without my modifications. It’s hard to acquire an original for that price and you don’t have to worry about hurting a 130 year old piece of vehicular history! The Excelsior model is much cheaper but has more modern looking components.

Out on 'Inconnu' on New Years Day.
10 miles and a bit on my second 'recce' ride for this years festival of cycling in Wallingford.
8 degrees Celsius, light drizzle, nice ride.
View from Caps Lane towards Wittenham Clumps, Oxfordshire.....
88787C23-AADB-47F7-B772-6781EC84085B.jpg

Happy New Year and enjoy your rides.

New Years Day ride on circa 1890 48” Star. Five miles on Erie PA’s Lake Erie Seaway Trail and waterfront. Great way to begin 2019. No snow, dry weather with temperatures in low 30’s. Not bad considering we had 24” of snow one year ago. Happy New Year.

D6EE47CC-B91D-4D19-97C6-10566E2189F0.jpeg

253CD57D-F17F-4A83-8689-4DEFF303BE2B.jpeg

D7B51C0F-4174-40AE-B0C5-E9439E2F83E8.jpeg

I also rode today. Hawthorne Flyer. Windy but nice. Our planet Earth spins once more into another year around the sun.....

Palos Verde Peninsula/San Pedro shipping port in the background..
IMG_1626.JPG

Bolsa Chica Estuary jetty..
IMG_1632.JPG

Last edited:
Back