When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
you can't quick-check anybody's location now, have to pull the drop-down - but I thought that Stingray was Texas.
Growing up, kid at the top pf the hill had one just like it - Burnt Orange, and all. I had the purple Rail, and my dad sold it when I got my Wards 10-speed.

We've had the wettest, dreariest winter. My ears are battling OME from combined cedar and mold allergies - luckily one day one ear works, and the next day the other...
But today was the only good day this week, so I headed for the greenway. Started chilly, wearing my wind shell, but the sun finally burned through, and I peeled it at my turnaround stop.
'74 International - only original parts are the Campy headset and Weinmann brake calipers (kind of - the Weinmann's were NOS replacements found cheap on ebay)
View attachment 934408
At 11:30, 4 miles from done, I kicked it into granny, left the pavement for the single-track and ended up where my nose was leading me
View attachment 934409
God bless Texas
View attachment 934410
Specially packed for my bike bag - I gave him a tip
View attachment 934411
Previous cargo - need a rear warning Triangle that says BBQ on Board
View attachment 934412
there was a cup of cherry glaze they packed with this
View attachment 934413
I always crave BBQ, after reading and enjoying your WBDYRT post

you can't quick-check anybody's location now, have to pull the drop-down - but I thought that Stingray was Texas.
Growing up, kid at the top pf the hill had one just like it - Burnt Orange, and all. I had the purple Rail, and my dad sold it when I got my Wards 10-speed.

We've had the wettest, dreariest winter. My ears are battling OME from combined cedar and mold allergies - luckily one day one ear works, and the next day the other...
But today was the only good day this week, so I headed for the greenway. Started chilly, wearing my wind shell, but the sun finally burned through, and I peeled it at my turnaround stop.
'74 International - only original parts are the Campy headset and Weinmann brake calipers (kind of - the Weinmann's were NOS replacements found cheap on ebay)

Yes sir I'm right outside of Ft Worth. I just completed the stingray recently and it was my first ride on it outside my subdivision.

By the way, that BBQ place reminds me of a place I stopped at in Boerne a few years back. Great BBQ for sure. Thinking about heading out your way and camping at Medina Lake in the spring if all goes well. Enjoy that BBQ.

Menger Creek BBQ in Boerne. I think they're out of business now, outgrew their roots and they weren't on the right part of the drag - Hwy 46 turns away before it gets there.
It was our standard stop in Boerne for two decades and it goes further back. Also, Rudy's BBQ is just a few miles farther up the Interstate in Leon Springs, which affected Menger Creek's business - while Rudy's is good, their franchise formula is not quite classic.
Menger Creek started off as classic TX BBQ (like Smitty's, Luling Market, Black's) - an old German butcher shop that smoked brisket for migrant workers rather than feed dogs with it.
Also no sauce - rub yes, post-smoke glaze, but sauce is anathema in classic TX BBQ.
You walk up to the counter, call out your meat, get an onion and a tomato, and eat it with your pocket knife.
This is Smitty's in Lockhart. I stopped at Luling Market a few months ago on a business drive, and loaded up - their ribs weren't as good as 2 Bros, of course hard to fault their brisket.
Smoked tri-tip and sausage this day at Smitty's. First time I stopped at Smitty's, they didn't even offer plastic utensils. There was a pulpit with a butcher knife on a chain, which you had to use if you didn't bring your pocket knife, and everybody knew you weren't from here.
kniXOX8.jpg
tEi4R7h.jpg

BBQ-jack ended now...

Last edited:
Back to riding; the Rustjunkie Tiki Twinbar, 1938 by Snyder.
I dig this bike.
It stopped raining today; so I went out for a ride.
IMG_8758.JPG
IMG_8756.jpg
IMG_8767.jpg
IMG_8768.jpg

After my ride, I posted here; that I am now editing because of a very informative thread about only being able to edit for 30 minutes after the post.
I came back to add punctuation and this "Edit Note"
Thank you @hoofhearted for asking the questions in Forum Issues.;)
And another "Edit" within 24 hours; because @Dave Stromberger makes it all possible! Thanks.

Last edited:
It was dark when I left, and still dark when I got to the shop on my H.D. Service Western Flyer, 1940 by the Cleveland Welding Company.
I bought a nice light set and mounted the headlight to my helmet; so I make sure the sleepy drivers see me as they go by.
IMG_8772.JPG
IMG_8777.jpg
IMG_8779.JPG

I rolled right up to the Redbox kiosk at Walmart to pick up a movie, then rolled out for a snap.
This bike gets a Lot of attention; especially when I squeeze the horn and ring a bell or two.:cool:

IMG_8784.jpg

Back