When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
20190222_160715.jpg

20190222_160728.jpg

20190222_161657.jpg

The 80 schwinn got some s&m husky bars and araya 7C hoops laced up last week.i finally got to ride it today.rare old anodized rims are so hard to find with no brake rub.

Each bike has it's own ride.
My '42 Elgin Tiki Cruiser rides as an extension of me; fluidly.
I dig it's style, comfort, gearing, measurements, and responsiveness.
The longest in the pile; top o' the heap.
IMG_9667.JPG
IMG_9665.jpg
IMG_9669.JPG

This sign caught my eye while rolling through a "Senior Park" near me.
I am eligible this year; I'm not wanting to move though.

Rode this morning, beautiful riding weather for February, it was 55 degrees with blue skies and sunshine….. but very windy! The key to a successful ride in windy conditions is doing your pre-flight homework before heading out. Checked the WX maps before breakfast, showed 10mph SW winds at 9:00am, but at 11:00am the winds would be up to 20mph, and by noon the winds would be between 25mph and 50mph. So most important part is map route to be pedaling into the 10mph headwind on your way out, and having the 20mph tailwind on your way back. Its pretty cool to have 20-25mph tailwinds push you home, there were times I was actually coasting on the flats because the gusts were like winds in my sails!

WindyRide.jpg

Last edited:
After another foggy start the day turned gloriously sunny. Spring is almost upon us over here.
Out on the Rochester again for a 10 mile spin, before a coffee in town.
Near Wallingford.....
WP_20190224_14_31_35_Pro (2).jpg

In North Moreton.....
WP_20190224_14_50_22_Pro (2).jpg

Heading back to town......
WP_20190224_14_56_11_Pro (3).jpg

After coffee, detoured down one of the old streets near the River Thames where this beautiful late medieval farmhouse is a favourite backdrop.....
WP_20190224_15_51_27_Pro (3).jpg

Happy riding people.

LOL , If my dad didn’t have 6 kids , I would have had a Schwinn but all us kids got Hawthorns and this is the same make , model and color that I got new in 68 on my 6th birthday
Well happy birthday, rusty. All i got for my 7th birthday was a 67 hiawatha cadet that i rode the wheels off of until it got ripped off in early 68 when we moved to beaver dam. I used to call it the naughty word town cause my mom would'nt let us say"damit".

Back