When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OldSkipTooth

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Show a bike you wrenched on today. Maybe show what you repaired or upgraded, be creative! Maybe show a bit of custom tweaking you are proud of! I’ll start off with this:

Disassembled a Persons 331 tombstone and made a bracket to fit my Dayton Huffman.Below is a mock up as I finish it.

I am actually rearranging stuff in my basement. My basement is fully-concreted with about 60% of it being crawl space.
I am putting the “scatter” of various bikes into one location.
The first pix is my fully original 1970 Stingray fenderless 5-speed and a 1967 original paint Murray Wildcat 3-speed.
The second pix is the start of reassembly on a 1962 Schwinn American. I had assembled some nice pieces over the years and I have a close friend who owns a body shop.
Frame was total stripped, prepped and shot with multiple coats of GM Tuxedo Black. Taking my time with the reassembly.
Also “unearthed” a Schwinn Twinn, a Town & Country trike, a later year Typhoon and another fully painted/ready to assemble ‘75 Stingray coaster.....
Surprising the stuff you find after 20-25+ years..!!!!

Last edited:
My newly acquired Continental that had some chips and years of gunk stuck on the paint. It actually cleaned up very well and had some paint chips needing touching up only.

Ridiculous high price of the old Schwinn colors on eBay inspired me to mix my own enamel Kool Lemon paint. After some experimentation mixing two shades of yellow I got a perfect match. I used one of my air brushes to touch up certain areas. Now to let it cure and then I will shoot some clear enamel for extra protection. I will then wax it once the clear cures getting an even shine on the paint.
This area had some paint loss
A6C8FCBF-2572-49AA-A685-9403E7B58B37.png

2FB00537-A2F6-4B60-8415-C3F419396D31.png

F99712E6-6326-448E-88E7-5DE032D7A6DB.jpeg

4ED81D23-9E72-4E04-BE81-F46B44BB36FF.jpeg

DB8FF842-66C7-4A3D-B29A-B89CBCFA707A.jpeg

420A1C34-31D8-405C-BC10-900AD350F226.jpeg

Some parts I left as is cause the wheels and bolts will be covering them. I’m not going for the pristine mint look rather some wear here and there. I ride all my bikes so some wear and patina looks good to me.
The third picture shows the bottom left side of the fork where there was one ugly 4-5” long X 1/4” wide scratch exposing the red oxide primer. Now it got covered up completely and looks perfect.

Last edited:

Been doing some work on this recently acquired 55 Raleigh Deluxe Sports. I can't stand gumwall tires so put the original front wheel back on with some new black Kendas. Gave it my special hand rubbed oil treatment to clean/brighten it up a bit. Also a longer seatpost with proper Brooks B72 were added.

This bike was owned by a lifelong mechanic and is in pretty good riding shape as found. Just getting it more to my liking. Came equipped with hybrid drivetrain. Still need to make some small adjustments and fine tune. Hoping to have it ready for Tweed Ride Denver on Saturday night!

View attachment 1091920

Been doing some work on this recently acquired 55 Raleigh Deluxe Sports. I can't stand gumwall tires so put the original front wheel back on with some new black Kendas. Gave it my special hand rubbed oil treatment to clean/brighten it up a bit. Also a longer seatpost with proper Brooks B72 were added.
View attachment 1091922

View attachment 1091923

This bike was owned by a lifelong mechanic and is in pretty good riding shape as found. Just getting it more to my liking. Came equipped with hybrid drivetrain. Still need to make some small adjustments and fine tune. Hoping to have it ready for Tweed Ride Denver on Saturday night!

That is my birth year and looks brand new at 64 years old! Great looking ride!

Thanks @Ernbar! I need to do some homework on this one with the 2 speed cog on a Sturmey AW dated 54 10. It has a Shimano 600 Arabesque derailleur controlled by a thumb shifter. Really digging the 3TTT bar and stem installed by the PO! Gives the bike a "purposeful" look. ;) Still need to swap brake levers over since it is set up moto style, then dial in the brakes to be able to go for a spin. Can't wait to take it for a spin!

(Pic taken before some cleaning)

Been fiddling with the 55 Raleigh the past few nights trying to get it up to snuff and ready to ride!

Didn't have time to get in a good test ride to take it to the Denver Tweed Ride tonight to feel safe. Should be just fine but fixing a bike in the dark isn't ideal...:neutral:

Think I'll play it safe and ride the Mead.

Whatever I ride will be surrounded by a 10'-12' halo of disco ball effect. ;)

Back