When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

-
Trying to get the Ross Delivery Bike back together -
It wasn't just today, but It got a lot closer to together today. I started out a couple of days ago with the broken fender mounting bolt in the fork-

The end result was a 5/16-18 thread bolt in place of the broken off 1/4-20. I still need to get a fender washer for this, but it now holds the fender properly. Once this was done, I moved on to bigger and better things! This is not a restoration, just a partial rebuild /reassembly.
This is one of the last four bikes I got before Christmas, and it didn't get fully unpacked until the beginning of last week. This photo is the state of things at the end of the day today.
The chrome was cleaned up somewhat, and the bars were a some I had under the table in the shop. I am trying to stay with the parts that were with the bike when I got it as much as I can, and where it is not going to make the bike look like a beaten up mess. The seat is one that was also sitting in the shop, but it could end up getting one that is similar to what it had on it, but with better covering as the one it had was without covering at all. The fender braces are straightened as are the fenders, and the reflector on the rear was one that was already here.

Prior to this photo, I spent about two and a half hours on the basket getting it straightened out and giving a shot to mounting it on the braces. I found that the board was very badly warped, and decided to go ahead and put another one in place as opposed to having the basket sitting up there cockeyed. The replacement board should be here Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on the run to Lowe's or wherever I end up going for it.
Here is the basket sitting under the stand, ready to go on.

I took the bends out of the cage wires, and also straightened the straps out a bit. It should be fine with a nice, straight board under it. There are no broken crosses or wires in this basket at all!
More to come next week....

REC

Cleaning 1 of the 2 bikes I rescued from a guy who found a 6061 White Robinson XL Patriot with chrome Peregrine 48s and a 99 Dyno Compe Freestyle someone put out to trash. Both is sick shape. He stripped the robinsons paint cuz he "liked it shiny" rattle-canned the Dyno lime green cuz "I like green" swapped fork. Swapped the chainwheel for a walmart one. Put C-star brakes on both...

At the time I tried to explain to him in simple and logical terms the error of his ways and that he should avoid doing that unless its a walmart mongoose.

Looking back, I think I just yelled "Why the fu《k would you do that!"

Why no piston stem you say?
I trashed it. The multiple saw marks, mismatched hardware and the 4 inch tall spring wrapped around the fork in the headset had me concerned about its structural integrity...

All True!
Luckily the green paint was like construction or yard marking spray Im thinking because it only took a kitchen sponge and some dawn to remove it
20200203_063928.jpg
20200203_064148.jpg
20200203_063954.jpg

Wow, Pirate that was lightning fast shipping like always! Keep it Up!
-No One

Last edited:
Back from the Atlantic Shores , and up on the rack is my '55 Corvette getting a complete annual PM .
20200206_142843.jpg

20200206_151349.jpg

Looking at this wheel.I notice it was laced incorrectly. The left side of the hub laced to the right side of the rim and vice versa .
20200206_151534.jpg

Guess I know what I am doing next.

Back